I'm disabled, and I just sent Blizzard the following email

#11Z11DragonOpsPosted 8/17/2010 3:14:44 AM
Okay, well there's tons of better options out there. I dont know about your current economic status, but i know that there are special gaming mice that can be hotkey'd to hold special keybinds and such with multiple buttons and mutton combinations i feel like using that could help alleviate some of your problems. If you really wanted to get even more help, the starcraft Z board can also help alleviate the problem. You can specially position your mouse so that your fingers are within easy reach of important buttons. Combining those two things should get you at least onto par with current players.
---
Its far easier and more satisfying to seize a great power than to create one. Diamond FC: 3995-3364-6624
#12MegumiChanPosted 8/17/2010 3:19:52 AM
There is no voice recognition application out there right now that can help you with Starcraft 2. Window's is way too slow and goes "Huh? What did you say?" all the time. Wait for newer and more improved voice recognition to come out.
#13n99127Posted 8/17/2010 3:27:09 AM
Honestly, no one is going to really care in single player. Yeah, technically voice commands is...a lot of things, but I don't think anyone is going to think that, given current technology, that you would be at an advantage using voice recognition software, let alone Microsoft's :)

MegumiChan already mentioned it, but even with voice recognition, your enjoyment of the game is going to be rather limited because voice recognition is rather average at best. You may end up spending a lot of time yelling at the computer because it can't recognize your commands.

That being said, I do admire the spirit and lengths you'd go to play this game :P
#14Extreme_SnipeCRPosted 8/17/2010 3:31:13 AM
Why is everyone acting like such jerks?

I hope this game becomes much more accessible.
---
http://c0dereality.com R
#15skyhopper88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 3:35:46 AM
Yeah, I've seen a bunch of those mice. Some have joysticks on the side too, which would mean I could play FPS without resorting to using a controller finally. Probably get one when I get a steady paycheck. A special keyboard probably wouldn't help alot since I'd still have to be positioned chiefly on one or the other. But the dedicated hotkeys might help a little bit.

Voice recog is better once it learns your voice. So far I've had little trouble teaching it commands that I would repeat a lot, like say, Starcraft. Dictating papers and such to Word or something is where it gets really bad though. I also have some other software, Dragon Naturally speaking.
---
"Ford you're turning into a penguin, stop it!" ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
#16PFCNydasPosted 8/17/2010 3:40:51 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#17AP3BrainPosted 8/17/2010 3:45:02 AM
Yeah...I was wondering why people have been reacting so harshly to tc....
#18UltrachaoPosted 8/17/2010 3:49:05 AM
Regardless of Blizzard's response, this is how I'd do it:

Have the voice commands set to just the letters and numbers. Then, keep your good hand on the mouse, and just say the number/letter whenever you need to use the corresponding hotkey.
Granted, it'd be a lot slower than being able to just press the key, and you wouldn't be able to use waypoints and such, but...
---
Protoss is clearly the new alliance race for WoW.
MY LIFE FOR AIURnforge -Ridleysbiggestfan
#19skyhopper88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 3:52:58 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I intended on doing. I've never timed it to see how slow I am switching vs voice vs normal handedness with micro/macroing and all, but no doubt it'd be an improvement.
---
"Ford you're turning into a penguin, stop it!" ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
#20fathed102Posted 8/17/2010 4:02:22 AM

Wow there are some BM people on this forum. Im honestly not to sure if the text to speech program would work. But what might be a good idea is use the guest pass that comes with the game and run with that. If you dont get banned on that chances are you wont get banned on your personal account. Hopefully that works and good luck man!