I'm disabled, and I just sent Blizzard the following email

#91amigo767Posted 8/17/2010 11:17:53 AM
As long as you arent one of those annoying clowns on battle.net who use their damn mic to communicate
#92voiceszPosted 8/17/2010 11:24:15 AM
Skyhopper you have my respect deep down from the bottem of my heart. :) No sacarsm in my post i can promise you this. I'm really symphatize with your disability and really find it unfair that because of one spoiled fish you have to give up the whole ocean. As a fellow gamer i really don't know what to say... seeing you, a passion for games, unable to play them due to your ******* disablilty. I support your email to Blizzard and really hope they'll take some consideration into reading it.

Games are my life but i do too know how to manage my real life but gaming alone has become a part of it. Don't know what i'll do if i have to amputate one arm and thus, i feel pathetic that I'M always complaining about being bad at games when i have the chance to be better when others like you can't. :(

So once again, respect man and i'm sorry there isn't much we forum posters can do but encourage you not to give up gaming. :D

And finally, to those who are being morons to the TC. Just want to say you seriously. You don't know how it feels like to be disabled and have never experienced it first hand. And if you are just saying that him complaining on the board will make no difference, then think again. We can't be alone for 70 years of our life. That's not even considered a life. TC is just asking for your opinions whether his email will be supported and some encouragements from us fellow gamers too.

It's like a war man, i like to see YOU take on an entire country alone and we'll see whether you hope you have others with you or not.

---
voicesz
#93navi555Posted 8/17/2010 1:32:09 PM
skyhopper88, First off, hats off to ya. for starters, the fact that your so dedicated to your hobby to continue playing is one thing, but to see you take the 12yo n00blits and Rand Paul idots in stride is quite something. (hate to bring politics into this but that guy really pisses me off, and with his Anti-ADA crusade kinda reminded me of those @*#($*# posts) As a guy with Tourettes I have learned one thing, its hard to laugh at people who are willing to laugh at themselves.

I'm sure Blizzard would not mind letting you do something like Voice recognition, or even some of the other nifty ideas that are being presented. I hope you can find something that will work for you. (and even if they won't, the bad publicity probably would make them change there mind)

Edit: The Tourettes thing apparently didn't excuse me from using @&#^$* up Language...apparently =/
#94Newbie00Posted 8/17/2010 1:36:34 PM
Goodluck, skyhopper.

Ignore the rest of the idiots in this thread. They're using 2 hands and they still suck.
#95VordraxPosted 8/17/2010 2:42:29 PM
http://skyhopper88.xanga.com/

Troll.

This blog from 2006 reveals all! A clever detective you are.

---
99% of internet signatures don't end abruptly. If yours is one of the 1% that do, copy and
#96skyhopper88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 2:48:33 PM
Go TC! I'm a C4/C5 incomplete quad in gold league. Look for me as Tetrisplegic (I'll double check my code later).

Next time I'm on I will.

Skyhopper is this you?
http://skyhopper88.xanga.com/

Sorry just curious

>_>. Thanks for reminding me to shut that old internet relic down.

I haven't tried dvorak for the simple reason I haven't swapped the keys. Might try it on a spare. I've gotten use to touch typing qwerty but it's a lot of moving around.

---
"Ford you're turning into a penguin, stop it!" ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
#97Pokemoncollect1Posted 8/17/2010 3:01:18 PM
Well, you should never use the reason "at least you're not me". Don't get down on yourself like that, should never be an ending sentence/statement :\.

I have mitochondrial cyopathy, and I view myself as anyone else. Everyone has their quirks, mine are just a little bit bigger and severe, and so are yours :P.
---
When the world realizes there is always more than one answer to something...
#98ImminentStrikePosted 8/17/2010 3:12:11 PM
TC, im probably late to the party, but have you seen the keyboards with a trackpad built into them? maybe you can find one you can customize so that its practically in between the keyboard so you can access the hotkeys and still use the mouse with very little movement required.
#99Yunthor_HnCPosted 8/17/2010 3:17:40 PM

They are owned by Vivendi. Activision and Blizzard are cooperative.

No, actually, Vivendi doesn't exist any more. They were bought out and merged with Activision in 2008. Hence the name: Activision Blizzard. The Vivendi guys still have access and basic control, but it's mostly at Activision's blessing. That will change the day that WoW and Starcraft stops printing money for them.
---
My website: http://wuyausu.com
My new art gallery: http://art.wuyausu.com/
#100skyhopper88(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2010 3:29:07 PM
TC, im probably late to the party, but have you seen the keyboards with a trackpad built into them? maybe you can find one you can customize so that its practically in between the keyboard so you can access the hotkeys and still use the mouse with very little movement required.

I've used my trackpad on my laptop. I don't like using the mouse buttons on them, though using it as a clickable mouse is alright. I much prefer a mouse or trackball though.
---
"Ford you're turning into a penguin, stop it!" ~ Arthur Dent, Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy.