Something is wrong with my Terran micro against Protoss, the evil rude mean race

#1VnfemmefatalisPosted 3/15/2012 8:28:29 AM
So generally I start of with MnM, because Marines and Marauders are pretty cuddly looking, with Momma Medivacs to support. When I get into an engagement do I want to stim and stutter only the ground units so my Medivacs can heal? Or do I just stutter everything?

As well I need general tips to help me micro against Protoss, they're mean.
---
Eat Broccoli. Eat right.
Vnwater's ghost resides in me, but only because I ate him.
#2ArmyOfWinPosted 3/15/2012 8:54:14 AM
Protoss are only mean once you get to know them.

You should be mean first
#3Vnfemmefatalis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 8:59:16 AM
I still 1-1-1 all in once in a while.
---
Eat Broccoli. Eat right.
#4Kraven-1985Posted 3/15/2012 9:09:34 AM

Im only in bronze so this probably wont help but i always go 3rax+stim+concussive shells+attack. I hit the protoss around 8mins and normally win with stutter step+stim.  Again.. im only bronze i know but it works great for me. If he survives this just start working on getting a factory etc etc. He should not be able to counter attack you.  Ofc..this means the match is longer than 15mins... good luck mate...

#5Teh_SeanPosted 3/15/2012 10:01:09 AM
Stutter only ground
If they have a lot of collosus move groups backwards and forwards if you have a concave. Say split your group into 5 smaller imaginary groups (don't really split), then move back a group if it takes a few collosus shots.
---
MGO (EU Server): Rev. **** Clan: Cool Cats
Stars being shut the ">_>" up.
#6Vnfemmefatalis(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2012 10:03:29 AM
Teh_Sean posted...
Stutter only ground
If they have a lot of collosus move groups backwards and forwards if you have a concave. Say split your group into 5 smaller imaginary groups (don't really split), then move back a group if it takes a few collosus shots.

Hmm that seems like a really good idea, instead of moving a whole ball back when I take damage.
---
Eat Broccoli. Eat right.
#7nov16Posted 3/15/2012 10:59:02 AM
Teh_Sean
Posted 3/15/2012 10:01:09 AM
message detail

Stutter only ground
---

dang good idea!! =D
---
GT: ismokeplaydough sc2: esnov
A Proud Terran user since 2003, now learning Protoss!
#8Lord GrahfPosted 3/15/2012 11:57:34 AM(edited)

Im only in bronze so this probably wont help but i always go 3rax+stim+concussive shells+attack. I hit the protoss around 8mins and normally win with stutter step+stim.  Again.. im only bronze i know but it works great for me. If he survives this just start working on getting a factory etc etc. He should not be able to counter attack you.  Ofc..this means the match is longer than 15mins... good luck mate...

Don't post things that don't work.

On an unrelated note, I set up a custom game against my dog and I beat him with 8 rax on one base. I recommend doing that because it worked every time.
---
Not changing this sig until Walter Mondale is elected president.
Currently Playing: Pepper II, Venture, Frogger
#9Teh_SeanPosted 3/15/2012 2:54:10 PM

Don't post things that don't work.

On an unrelated note, I set up a custom game against my dog and I beat him with 8 rax on one base. I recommend doing that because it worked every time.

How old is your dog? This could factor in the time it's taking him to learn new tricks.
---
#10shadowsword87Posted 3/15/2012 3:22:20 PM

How old is your dog? This could factor in the time it's taking him to learn new tricks.

Boo!
---
"If you wait till the last minute, it'll only take a minute." Day[9]
http://i42.tinypic.com/3004r53.png Waiting for JAX to finish this