1-1-1 banshee in to mech ?

#1nov16Posted 4/25/2012 6:07:35 PM
Is this a good opener for Mech? I always open reactor hellion vs Zerg but it is not working as well as of late, and i want to try something new, and if so when should i stop making banshees? after 2 or 3? should i get cloak? when should i throw down my cc?

ty in advance!:)
---
GT: ismokeplaydough sc2: esnov
A Proud Terran user since 2003, now learning Protoss!
#2DristX99Posted 4/25/2012 6:22:08 PM
Wanna learn how to win in TvZ?

Make 4 hellions. And be aggressive as poop with them. Then you go two port banshees and auto win the game because you can forever deny scouting.
---
Buildings.
Masters Zerg.
#3nov16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 6:25:15 PM
i use to do reactor hellion in to banshee in to thor marine push, but if i didn't do enuff damage i auto lose to zerg mass :(
---
#4nov16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 6:26:57 PM
DristX99
Posted 4/25/2012 6:22:08 PM
message detail

Wanna learn how to win in TvZ?

Make 4 hellions. And be aggressive as poop with them. Then you go two port banshees and auto win the game because you can forever deny scouting.
---
Buildings.
Masters Zerg.

im not looking to learn 1 build/all in w.e and win win win til it stops working lol i want to improve, which is why i no longer stress rank :)
---
#5EnricoMarini01Posted 4/25/2012 7:35:16 PM
If you're gonna mech, you'd best do it AFTER you FE, not before, for the simple reason that you want that gas up and running asap. 4 gas of 2 base can easily make Banshees fairly well, while only delaying your banshees by a minute in total.

I'd rather have faster mining then faster harass any day, especially since, if you do 0 damage with your Banshees, you'll be behind in tech and numbers if it's 1base, but if you're going 2base and didn't rush it, you'll have map control while not sacrificing potential economy. You'll be behind nonetheless, but it isn't the sort of behind you'll have to all-in to not insta-die later in the game.

The only feasible time I'd go Banshee before expo is if I wanted to do some cute stuff, and I REALLY wouldn't go Mech afterwards.
---
"Rewind, I wanna go it again, light up the dark, halo on the side
So I'll know it will not leave me wanting, I see my heart, waving me bye-bye"
#6nov16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 8:37:02 PM
so basicly open reactor hellion still and expo then make a 1 port? and then go on to mech by throwing down 2 more facs and go from there?
---
#7nov16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/25/2012 8:48:03 PM
also cloak?
---
#8EnricoMarini01Posted 4/25/2012 10:34:21 PM
nov16 posted...
so basicly open reactor hellion still and expo then make a 1 port? and then go on to mech by throwing down 2 more facs and go from there?

Reactor Hellion one of the best FE builds vs Z. The only thing better than that would be 1Rax FE, and that's usually for marine heavy comps, or you with Bunker Pressure.

Cloak is nonessential. You'll only get Cloak if you wanna hope he doesn't have lair by the time you hit, and he'll probably have it. Cloak is good, but you're going Mech. If you want to make a lot of banshees, Cloak is good. If you're gonna make only 1-2, it's pretty lack-luster.

Retaining banshees is very VERY important. Use it to deny 3rd and 4th and etc. Banshee and Hellion will probably be your only form of harass vs Zerg as you mass Tank/Thor.
---
"Rewind, I wanna go it again, light up the dark, halo on the side
So I'll know it will not leave me wanting, I see my heart, waving me bye-bye"
#9sting__artPosted 4/26/2012 1:32:43 AM(edited)
I like it that you don't care about rank and just want to improve.

What about the 4 hellions isn't working? They are there to:
- Take map control.
- Deny his third.
- Deny creep spread.

If lose a single hellion and it wasn't because of roaches/muta's you failed to use them correctly. While keeping him busy with your hellions you have to macro it up and get your units out.

When you say that hellions aren't working as of late, it can only be because you aren't using them correctly. Why you ask? Because those 4 hellions are the current metagame and are being used with great succes by players much better than you.

Edit: To help you:
1 Base = 1 factory.
2 Base = 3 Factory's.
3 Base = 5 Factory's.
4 Base = 7 Factory's.
#10nov16(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 5:46:20 AM
sting__art
Posted 4/26/2012 1:32:43 AM
message detail
(edited) I like it that you don't care about rank and just want to improve.

What about the 4 hellions isn't working? They are there to:
- Take map control.
- Deny his third.
- Deny creep spread.

If lose a single hellion and it wasn't because of roaches/muta's you failed to use them correctly. While keeping him busy with your hellions you have to macro it up and get your units out.

When you say that hellions aren't working as of late, it can only be because you aren't using them correctly. Why you ask? Because those 4 hellions are the current metagame and are being used with great succes by players much better than you.

Edit: To help you:
1 Base = 1 factory.
2 Base = 3 Factory's.
3 Base = 5 Factory's.
4 Base = 7 Factory's.

yea im sure a ghood chunk is macro i noticed the tvz i lost yesterday my 3rd was later or later ups etc should i stop making hellions totally after 4 ? i tend to make 6 or so if they go heavy ling early on, whats the timing on that tank, hellion, marine push on two bases?
---