I don't like that I am the only player that seems to be AWARE of my team mates..

#1minimarkPosted 4/25/2012 10:08:39 PM
As I play 4v4 games (I play protoss) I always have some sort of build planned out depending on what my opponents are. Anyways, most of my builds involve Stargate units, so therefor I know that I need alot more gas than I do minerals. Once I get to a secure enough level (without asking) I send my extra minerals to Terran players, then zerg, then protoss.

I've never received this courtesy back onto me though. I'm not saying it is "expected" or anything but as far as my own intelligence goes I know sending extra minerals to a terran player is a safe bet, for marines. I just hate it when it is early game and I am trying to do a quick void rush and no one sends me gas. I absolutely get that it would be VERY early to be sending me gas, BUT i could make better use of it than my allies.

I get that minerals are a valuable asset in this game but that doesn't mean it should be hogged. A good strategist to me, understands that certain races do better at certain aspects of the game...so in the spirit of wanting your team to win, it would only make sense to help out a teammate who has the upper hand.
---
My PSN: Khalisis
#2_Ferdi_Posted 4/25/2012 10:17:47 PM
most people are just too stupid, you HAVE to tell them what to do. ask for gas, don't expect anyone to just give you some. that terran player you gave minerals to probably doesn't even know you gave him some or even know what to do with the extra minerals.
---
What's your favorite song? Something you listen to a bunch and it sounds like the first time.
#3NeedMoreMoneyPosted 4/26/2012 12:14:06 AM
I hate when those people say "I'm going for a broodlord/bc/carrier rush!"

God dammit.

And when I tell people there is a inc cheese. They still proceed to macro and don't do anything to prepare against it.
---
http://sc2sig.com/s/us/880565-1.png
http://myanimelist.net/profile/robinoreo
#4TriodPosted 4/26/2012 1:19:54 AM
Nobody is going to be stupid enough to send out gas to waste on void rays.
#5NoseReaperPosted 4/26/2012 4:15:29 AM
This is why you should have an AT, rather than just matching yourself up with random allies. :3
---
You fail at life. Go away.
#6EnricoMarini01Posted 4/26/2012 4:41:27 AM
NoseReaper posted...
This is why you should have an AT, rather than just matching yourself up with random allies. :3

Amen.

Play with MeLo, or Vash, or Scion, or any of the other dozen+ Gamefaqs members who frequently lolvlol.
---
"Rewind, I wanna go it again, light up the dark, halo on the side
So I'll know it will not leave me wanting, I see my heart, waving me bye-bye"
#7Chielz0rPosted 4/26/2012 11:16:07 AM
Why don't you just spend those spare minerals on zealots?
#8KenMasters420Posted 4/26/2012 11:40:30 AM
Chielz0r posted...
Why don't you just spend those spare minerals on zealots?

or cannons? or nexuses?
#9minimark(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2012 12:46:39 PM
Because when playing on a team, its best to pull off certain quick plays or strategies to get the upper hand. I.E. since I was in the position to make quick voids to then go take out one or two opponents workers
---
My PSN: Khalisis
#10Ace_Striker12Posted 4/26/2012 3:21:18 PM
and what if they scout you and are expecting your voids? Then you send your mass voids into their base which has mass AA and a strong ground force to boot.

All it takes is one scout and then the zerg can go ling mutas with baneling option, the terran just needs their mass rines and tanks, the toss masses stalkers, and in the end if you don't even attack together, your voids are as good as dead.

That's why even when my team talks of strats, we also don't commit to it until we know for sure what we're doing.
---
Pokemon Diamond FC: 5026 5279 6502 (IanNoel); PSN: Nightstar_Ace
Nostolgia Chick is sooo hot!