Blizzard: TvP is BALANCED OVERALL

#1wasererPosted 5/3/2012 6:43:32 PM
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4838104108#1

I hope the finally shuts the terrans up. Blizzard acknowledges that toss is stronger lategame, BUT terran has an advantage early and mid game, an advantage they can use to get a lead into the lategame. The only terrans that cry are the ones that do no harass for 15 mins and let the toss build up a deathball.
#2TwoStrikes94Posted 5/3/2012 6:47:16 PM
they did also say protoss are struggling at the tip top levels when there's 3 protosses in the round of 4 in the highest skilled tournament
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
#3g0tbeef89Posted 5/3/2012 6:49:35 PM
TwoStrikes94 posted...
they did also say protoss are struggling at the tip top levels when there's 3 protosses in the round of 4 in the highest skilled tournament

Well, to be fair, that was said when Protoss weren't getting anywhere near the round of 4. It's only been recently that we've seen Protoss starting to dominate in the GSL.
---
Ignoring all from tote and toast.
#4ArmyOfWinPosted 5/3/2012 6:53:04 PM
TwoStrikes94 posted...

This is like the 2nd tournament in a year this happened though. Look at any of the recent MLG's, DH, IPL etc.

It annoys me when terrans say they want lategame tvp fixed. No you can't have stronger midgame and be stronger/equally strong lategame. Need to fix the matchup.
#5Miss_HannahMinxPosted 5/3/2012 6:57:00 PM
The game shouldn't be "well Protoss lived through mid game, gg for Terran then!"

It should be balanced around all points in the match
#6g0tbeef89Posted 5/3/2012 6:58:23 PM
Miss_HannahMinx posted...
The game shouldn't be "well Protoss lived through mid game, gg for Terran then!"

It should be balanced around all points in the match

Agreed.

At the same time, it shouldn't be ... "Terran cheesed, gg Protoss" *coughMVPcough*
---
#7HydroCannabinolPosted 5/3/2012 7:01:03 PM
That does mean that at different stages of the game, one race might have tools which represent an advantage against the others--though itís important that those advantages can always be mitigated by good play.
---
PSN: Mind Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#8TwoStrikes94Posted 5/3/2012 7:04:32 PM
g0tbeef89 posted...
TwoStrikes94 posted...

Well, to be fair, that was said when Protoss weren't getting anywhere near the round of 4. It's only been recently that we've seen Protoss starting to dominate in the GSL.

it was said like two days ago
---
http://i.imgur.com/U5y3b.jpg
#9ignivimPosted 5/3/2012 7:12:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10g0tbeef89Posted 5/3/2012 7:28:17 PM
TwoStrikes94 posted...
g0tbeef89 posted...
TwoStrikes94 posted...

it was said like two days ago

Yea, based on the data collected over months and months of analysis. The recent protoss domination has only been the last few weeks.
---