How to play more games?

#11DristX99Posted 8/22/2012 9:38:55 PM
icantfindname posted...
dump all your anger onto skimguy.

The plot twist is that I'm actually skimguy. And it was all a charade to put the idea that it's okay to not ladder in the mind of all GameFAQs users while I slowly climbed the ranks to become one of the best on the board while others of my time were left behind not laddering.
---
Buildings. Masters Zerg.
"Luckily, he's pulling all of his SCV's. That will help him defend against the banelings." - EGIdrA
#12H3xerPosted 8/23/2012 12:25:44 AM
If you haven't done so already pick a race and stick to it. Learn the hot keys for your units so you can build and train without clicking the the icons in the lower right hand corner. Also work on your control groups (Ctrl + a number to bind if you didn't know).

After that start working on your openings and your builds. Make sure you scout during your openings to look at what your opponent is doing (Examples: did the zerg go for an early pool or expand? Did the toss get one gas or two? Did the toss open with a gate or a forge? Did terran get gas or is he fast expanding? things like that). learn what your units are good against and what the are weak against.

Once you have a good understanding of this, then start working on winning. If you win, watch the replay and see what you did right. If you loose then see what you did and what your opponent did. Did he/she cheese you? did you react wrong to his build? Did he/she out micro or macro you? Did you focus to much on economy or army? Did you expand and if so when? Things like that. In short ALWAYS WATCH YOUR REPLAYS.

When you start winning, start setting goals (lets say that you're number 100 try to get to number 95, then 90, the 80, then 75... etc). Right now I'm number 2 in my division (still bronze but it means a lot to me) with almost 1000 points. My goal right now is to be number 1. Right now number one has almost 1100 points.

Smaller things to do is to go into your options and turn your life barn on. If you play better when listening to Music then do so (I recommend having your music levels at 1 or 2 so you can still hear the game alerts).

Lastly don't give up. If you have a loosing steak don't worry. Blizzard tries to keep every one at a 1-0.5 W/L ratio.

Take it slow and start building on what you learn. Hope this helps :D!
---
A note from a person in a crazy cell.
#13icantfindnamePosted 8/23/2012 8:01:02 PM
DristX99 posted...
icantfindname posted...
dump all your anger onto skimguy.

The plot twist is that I'm actually skimguy. And it was all a charade to put the idea that it's okay to not ladder in the mind of all GameFAQs users while I slowly climbed the ranks to become one of the best on the board while others of my time were left behind not laddering.

i had to put on a pair of sunglasses so i could take them off in disbelief. took me an hour to dig up a pair.
---
never expand, never surrender, y u so bad?
http://i52.tinypic.com/33l2qzd.jpg