HoTS beta key with Amazon pre-order

#1FakeTJPosted 11/13/2012 9:19:56 AM(edited)
If you want a beta key for HoTS apparently you get one after pre-ordering HoTS from amazon. I'm guessing you can cancel your pre-order after getting the key too. :-P

Don't hold me to the cancel though. I don't know if that works.

"Beta Access for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm
Pre-order Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm and get beta access. We will email your code within 4 business days after you place your pre-order for Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm Standard or Collector’s Edition. Offers are valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. "
#2mgsfreak1688Posted 11/13/2012 9:21:24 AM
Do you have to own WOL to get HOTS? Or is it a stand alone? I want to get my friend into Starcraft but money is an issue for him.
---
Currently Playing: Starcraft II, CS:GO, & Skyrim
Waiting For: MGS: Ground Zeroes, Amnesia: AMFP, & GTA V
#3havok718Posted 11/13/2012 9:44:31 AM
Yeah you should be able to cancel. I've been getting beta/early access keys from amazon like this for a while.
#4stabitoPosted 11/13/2012 10:07:44 AM
thanks i forgot this game even existed im guessing th beta is going on right now
---
Lifes greatest mystery http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=75249&topic=43886398 can YOU!!! explain it
#5LockeDaemonfirePosted 11/13/2012 10:23:21 AM
mgsfreak1688 posted...
Do you have to own WOL to get HOTS? Or is it a stand alone? I want to get my friend into Starcraft but money is an issue for him.

You do need WOL. I believe it will be $40 for just HOTS and $60 for both however, so perhaps that may make it easier for him to jump in.
#6mgsfreak1688Posted 11/13/2012 11:14:55 AM
LockeDaemonfire posted...
mgsfreak1688 posted...

You do need WOL. I believe it will be $40 for just HOTS and $60 for both however, so perhaps that may make it easier for him to jump in.

Okay thanks man.
---
Currently Playing: Starcraft II, CS:GO, & Skyrim
Waiting For: MGS: Ground Zeroes, Amnesia: AMFP, & GTA V
#7stabitoPosted 11/13/2012 11:25:48 AM
mgsfreak1688 posted...

if thats true it sounds like theyre screwing the people who bought WOL since that alone was 60 when it came out
---
Lifes greatest mystery http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=75249&topic=43886398 can YOU!!! explain it
#8ERLiNoPosted 11/13/2012 11:30:49 AM
stabito posted...
mgsfreak1688 posted...

if thats true it sounds like theyre screwing the people who bought WOL since that alone was 60 when it came out

Price drops happen
---
"It doesn't matter how many resources you have, if you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough"
-Masters Zerg
#9dAt_dUdE_253Posted 11/13/2012 11:54:14 AM
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU Amazon says it's no longer available. I hate my LIFE. A;DKLFJ;ALUERWLFIALUVNGRLJDKFULTRALISKS
---
ok then seing as that i might not b able to make it in the big race y i dont me n the last person to sign up have a race round the nurnburg ring!!!!
#10USFPosted 11/13/2012 11:58:27 AM
stabito posted...
mgsfreak1688 posted...

Get over it, that was 2 years ago. Prices do drop you know?
---
PC and console gamer.
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2, Dishonored.