What is the difference between the budokai games and budokai tenkaichi games?

#1gamer65926592Posted 5/21/2013 6:43:16 PM
I have played them all but it's been years so is there a difference or are they all just sequels?
---
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.
#2EternalDahakaPosted 5/22/2013 5:32:18 PM
gamer65926592 posted...
I have played them all but it's been years so is there a difference or are they all just sequels?

The main difference is gameplay. Budokai plays more like a 2D fighter (with 3D sidestepping and dashing), and the Tenkaichi series has full 3D movement and dashing. The Budokai has generally better story cinematics than Tenkaichi, and Tenkaichi is known for its huge roster.

There's quite a bit more differences, but those are basically the major ones. I can list more if that doesn't jog your memory.

The original name for the Tenkaichi titles was "Sparking!" but "Budokai Tenkaichi" was used for western audiences to connect the Sparking! series to Budokai's fame. The Budokai series was made by the company DIMPS, and the Tenkaichi series was made by Spike.
#3Vamp_WraithPosted 5/24/2013 5:33:25 AM
It really comes down to the type of game you want to play. They're both really fun (Budokai 3 and Budokai Tenkaichi 3), but they play completely different.

One more or less plays like an offshoot of many 2D fighters with a Dragon Ball twist, the other goes it's own way and defines itself much more close to the show. A DBZ simulation fighter, so to speak.
---
"The way I see it, you can either run from the past, or learn from it!" -- Rafiki, Lion King =D
#4gahzridianPosted 5/26/2013 6:30:45 PM
Infinite World is the best one though if you're looking for a dbz fighter with some level of strategy and depth.
---
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=919870&topic=40026568