Stupid Arguments Against/For BT3. (Halfway Rant Topic)

#1EternalDahakaPosted 4/15/2012 1:39:15 AM
I've seen a lot of arguments comparing BT3 to various other games, mainly RB and B3, even when the original topic doesn't pit those games together. Many of these topics seem to end with this debate which draws out all sorts of fanboys and trolls. These are some stupid arguments I've commonly heard:

For BT3
-It has more characters(too many to count)
-You just haven't played BT3/You suck at BT3

For RB/against BT3
-RB has cancels
-BT3 has outdated gameplay
-RB is next gen/Has better graphics/Better framerate
-BT3 has over-powered defense
-ZC2 makes comboing useless/ZC2 is broken
-Nobody used those extra things in BT3(follow-ups, free movement)
-You haven't played RB/You suck at RB

For Budokai/against BT3
-BT3 has absolutely no depth
-BT3's characters are all clones of each other
-BT3 has a broken defense system

There are a few arguments on this list that would make sense, like RB having cancels, but the problem is that is all they mention, nothing more.
If you don't agree that any of these are 'stupid', feel free to contest any of these I've posted.

Also know I'm not attacking these games with this topic, I'm just pointing out arguments I think are stupid that people use to support their pick.
#2hangman_link3Posted 4/15/2012 2:53:07 AM

I've always hated this one in particular. It just pisses me off as a BT3 player that doesn't suck that some people really think the biggest merit to BT3 in a vast amount of characters. Even if you love BT3, if that's one of the main reasons why...God damn it you're an idiot.

This one is also lol worthy. Every time I see it I just shake my head. Poor souls don't have a clue what they're talking about.
---
"I taped over the game." - Benjamin Linus
http://www.youtube.com/user/snapaholic1
#3rhys855Posted 4/15/2012 10:45:16 AM
Hmm charecters are clones i couldn't agree more when the only difference in charecters in this game is there punch order.

People don't have a clue what there talking about? anyone who disagree's with you is clueless very nice.

You and Drak just called anyone who like's those games better trolls or fanboys for what becuase they like them better?

So i guess everytime you call BT3 better i guess i'll just call you a trolling fanboy.

Your denfence against your game and why it's better is. You've never played it or you suck ass at it. Very Reasonable. I guess i can say you just suck ass at the other two or you havn't played them since you like BT3 better. Right?

When will you people understand that not everyone is going to agree with you..... No wonder this board only has 5 members on it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFtw7qW7Vcw
FALCON PUNCH!
#4DEX716Posted 4/15/2012 11:04:55 AM
... Such ignorance.

As previously mentioned by some of the other board members, why are you still frequenting this game's board if you have nothing else to benefit from this game...

If you feel so convinced that many of the folks here won't "wisen up" and see your... perspective... then leave us be. It's not like we're going to the forums of your favorite games and bashing them in fool-hardy and naive ways.
---
(Location: PA)---(Brawl - 2535-3275-8193) (Mario Kart Wii - 0602-6946-1829)
#5hangman_link3Posted 4/15/2012 11:20:01 AM
God damn it Rhys, you're so stupid. Did you not read my post or are you just not capable of understanding basic logic?

Me: "I like apple pie. I've never understood why people dislike it. It tastes delicious."
You: "Oh, so you're saying that everybody who dislikes apple pie is stupid and they're wrong. Hurr durr."

It's like...No. Stop bending my posts so far out of context just so you're able to troll them.
---
"I taped over the game." - Benjamin Linus
http://www.youtube.com/user/snapaholic1
#6EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 12:41:00 PM
hangman_link3 posted...

I've always hated this one in particular. It just pisses me off as a BT3 player that doesn't suck that some people really think the biggest merit to BT3 in a vast amount of characters. Even if you love BT3, if that's one of the main reasons why...God damn it you're an idiot.

Unfortunately that's at least 90% of the fans, least the ones I see on these kinds of topics. They can effectively discredit any good argument(using gameplay mechanics and such) with 100 posts saying, "I think BT3's the best because it has the most characters".

This one is also lol worthy. Every time I see it I just shake my head. Poor souls don't have a clue what they're talking about.

Too many people act like the ZC2 is too easy to use and ruins the game(I'd like to see those legions of players in action who can supposedly use a ZC2 every 5-7 hits =P). I've even heard an discussion were the players said that they need to play with an honor code to not use it because it was so broken and they wanted to punch anyone who used that 'broken' technique. Lol.
#7EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 12:44:42 PM
Rhys you miss the point once again. This topic isn't me saying BT3 is the best, its pointing out stupid arguments for supporting a why either BT3, RB or B3 is the best.

These arguments are stupid because they're shallow and don't look at the full picture.

"Your denfence against your game and why it's better is. You've never played it or you suck ass at it. Very Reasonable. I guess i can say you just suck ass at the other two or you havn't played them since you like BT3 better. Right?"

I don't use this, stupid people use this.

People have a right to dislike this game, they just shouldn't use any of these arguments to support their choice. If you prefer B3 fine. Just don't use any of those arguments in that category or expand on them if you do.
#8rhys855Posted 4/15/2012 12:46:39 PM
hangman_link3 posted...
God damn it Rhys, you're so stupid. Did you not read my post or are you just not capable of understanding basic logic?

Me: "I like apple pie. I've never understood why people dislike it. It tastes delicious."
You: "Oh, so you're saying that everybody who dislikes apple pie is stupid and they're wrong. Hurr durr."

It's like...No. Stop bending my posts so far out of context just so you're able to troll them.

Ok now you say my oppinoin matters well thats not what you said on wolf thread since the first thing you did was yelled and called us idoits

If it doesn't matter to you if our oppinoins differs then why did everyone on this board have such an outburst?

Beause we like B3 better? becuase i like Cake better than pie?

Becuase all i'v seen writen on this board we are pals then wolf makes a thread i defend him then you call us stupid for what reason?

If now your saying that you don't hold peoples thoughts against them.

Then why did you call us foolish if you know that everyone would have a different oppinoin on anything.

Such a hypocrite.
---
FALCON PUNCH!
#9EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 12:48:24 PM
For BT3
----Exactly what Link said. This is used as the ONLY reason BT3 is the best. Nothing on gameplay or content.
-You just haven't played BT3/You suck at BT3
----Stupid because it attacks the other player or boldly claims they've never played the game so they don't know what they're talking about.

For RB/against BT3
-RB has cancels
----This would be good, but it fails to show how that changed this from BT3. Ex. Cancels effectively limit freedom you had in BT3(Goku can use a charge attack after a Ground Sweep but now Cell can't where as in BT3 both were able to use that basic move)
-BT3 has outdated gameplay
----This is stupid because it claims since RB is newer its automatically better. I take it Sonic '06 is automatically better than Adventure 2 then.
-RB is next gen/Has better graphics/Better framerate
----Same as above with the pointless graphics addition.
-BT3 has over-powered defense
----To me, this has always been a cop-out to why RB doesn't have as many defensive options. I hear "RB is an offensive game, BT3 is a defensive game a lot"
----Stupid. ZC2's are hard to pull off and if the opponent mixes up their combo makes them almost impossible to predict a good time to ZC2.
-Nobody used those extra things in BT3(follow-ups, free movement)
----Stupid. Free movement is one of the most commonly used mechanics. Follow-ups are also used frequently, though some are more effective than others.
-You haven't played RB/You suck at RB
----Same as BT3 version.

For Budokai/against BT3
-BT3 has absolutely no depth
----This is just crap. The 'absolutely no' just kill this argument before it begins. BT3 has tons of moves and mechanics to give itself some depth at the very least.
-BT3's characters are all clones of each other
----The characters do share the same basic rush/smash formula, but there are a number of details that makes characters unique. Maybe not to the extent of Budokai, but still.
-BT3 has a broken defense system
----I've never understood this one. Many Budokai players insist that vanishing or ZC2 not using ki makes the system broken. I don't get it.
----Same as RB.

Hope this clears up my reasoning a bit.
#10rhys855Posted 4/15/2012 12:48:40 PM
EternalDahaka posted...
Rhys you miss the point once again. This topic isn't me saying BT3 is the best, its pointing out stupid arguments for supporting a why either BT3, RB or B3 is the best.

These arguments are stupid because they're shallow and don't look at the full picture.

"Your denfence against your game and why it's better is. You've never played it or you suck ass at it. Very Reasonable. I guess i can say you just suck ass at the other two or you havn't played them since you like BT3 better. Right?"

I don't use this, stupid people use this.

People have a right to dislike this game, they just shouldn't use any of these arguments to support their choice. If you prefer B3 fine. Just don't use any of those arguments in that category or expand on them if you do.

Why should you bring it up? surrre of course calling a game terrible for being terrible at it is a stupid reason but most of the other things you listed were features about both games so why not compare them? stupid or not.
---
FALCON PUNCH!