BT3/RB Comparison

#11EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2012 11:31:41 PM
BeenHad posted...
To further add to "Water Physics", when your in water in BT3, you charge considerably slower. Just wanted to point that out :P

I hadn't noticed that, but that's interesting.
#12hangman_link3Posted 8/13/2012 3:15:41 PM
Very well thought out and informative faq. Well done.
---
"Too bad he isn't me, who never loses and never almost loses." - xLashx
http://www.youtube.com/user/snapaholic1
#13BeenHadPosted 8/13/2012 3:23:11 PM
I like how this isn't isn't biased at all, especially how you don't say which game you like better(BT3 FTW :P), just listing the game machanics and such. Great job man : )
#14RootBeearPosted 8/15/2012 9:39:27 PM
I have noticed the A.I. [why is the CPU called that?] is rather weak in RB2.
---
"Give me an action, not an excuse."
#15EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 11:08:33 PM
Thanks. =)

@Beenhad I actually started this being much more biased towards BT3, but it was easier to just state the facts.

RootBeear posted...
I have noticed the A.I. [why is the CPU called that?] is rather weak in RB2.

A.I. stands for 'artificial intelligence', so the CPU might be called that more when addressing how smart or dumb the computer acts.
#16EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 8/19/2012 11:08:40 PM
I forgot some mechanics.

B1s and Support Supers
In BT3, moves such as afterimage, Saiyan Soul, Sleep, Power Up to the Very Limit, etc. are limited by Blast Stocks.
In both RBs, these moves are treated as supers and use energy.

Supers blasting through others(?)
I'm not sure what to call this, but in BT3 when you dodged a beam super and used a super of your own, yours would go through their attack and hit them.
In both RBs, your attack does not hit through their beam.

There may be more to add after this.
#17RootBeearPosted 8/20/2012 8:34:51 AM
EternalDahaka posted...
I forgot some mechanics.

B1s and Support Supers
In BT3, moves such as afterimage, Saiyan Soul, Sleep, Power Up to the Very Limit, etc. are limited by Blast Stocks.
In both RBs, these moves are treated as supers and use energy.

Supers blasting through others(?)
I'm not sure what to call this, but in BT3 when you dodged a beam super and used a super of your own, yours would go through their attack and hit them.
In both RBs, your attack does not hit through their beam.

There may be more to add after this.

Oh yeah.
Like... Special Beam Cannon going through Kamehamehas.
---
#18EternalDahaka(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 1:13:21 PM
RootBeear posted...
Oh yeah.

Not exactly, but you have reminded me of that other mechanic too. What I was referring to was when you dodge a beam by moving a few feet to the side and fire a beam of your own. Your beam will go through the side of the opponent's beam, while in RB, the opponent's beam will 'block' the attack.

The one you mentioned is probably this.

Non-beam struggle clashes

In both game series, there are number of attacks that cannot be struggled, such as the Special Beam CannonxKamehameha, #17's energy ballsxKamehamehas etc. The outcome of these struggles differs between the games.
In BT3, there was almost always a winner in these non-struggle-able matches. I.E. Special Beam Cannon normally powers through other beam supers and beam supers normally power through multi-hit attacks like #17's energy balls.
In RB1, non-struggle-able matches like SBCxBeam super cancel each other out. In cases with multi-hit supers, the first hit will nullify the beam or blast it hits and the second will hit the target. I.E. #17's Energy Ball vs Piccolo's SBC. The first of #17's energy balls will cancel SBC and the second will hit Piccolo.
#19RootBeearPosted 8/20/2012 1:18:37 PM
EternalDahaka posted...
RootBeear posted...
Oh yeah.

Not exactly, but you have reminded me of that other mechanic too. What I was referring to was when you dodge a beam by moving a few feet to the side and fire a beam of your own. Your beam will go through the side of the opponent's beam, while in RB, the opponent's beam will 'block' the attack.

The one you mentioned is probably this.

Non-beam struggle clashes

In both game series, there are number of attacks that cannot be struggled, such as the Special Beam CannonxKamehameha, #17's energy ballsxKamehamehas etc. The outcome of these struggles differs between the games.
In BT3, there was almost always a winner in these non-struggle-able matches. I.E. Special Beam Cannon normally powers through other beam supers and beam supers normally power through multi-hit attacks like #17's energy balls.
In RB1, non-struggle-able matches like SBCxBeam super cancel each other out. In cases with multi-hit supers, the first hit will nullify the beam or blast it hits and the second will hit the target. I.E. #17's Energy Ball vs Piccolo's SBC. The first of #17's energy balls will cancel SBC and the second will hit Piccolo.

Ohh. Mhm, I was mentioning that.
---
#201000crisPosted 8/20/2012 2:03:06 PM
In BT3, if you attempt to do a super, rush, or ultimate at close range, you will step back before performing the move giving the opponent time to react. For what I've seen in Videos, in Raging Blast you do not have to step back to do a super, rush, or ultimate attack.

Also in Bt3, if you step back to perform an ultimate blast and you teleport an opponents super manually, or through after image or afterimage strike, the ultimate attack will launch immediately after the teleport.