Laughably flawed game.

#1The Mark of KriPosted 12/28/2009 9:30:31 PM
I'm on the last level of this game and I just have to laugh.

The most broken difficulty system I've ever encountered...how brutally, pointlessly frustrating this game is. How would anyone beat this without the buzz saw? Also, how would anyone beat the final boss without an FAQ or someone to help out?

Decent game, but some ridiculous decisions here on the developers part. I mean, how stupid that the entire second half is like useless backtracking?

No plot development, character development...what did I just play through? lol
---
Soon: Silent Hill: SM
Currently: RE:DC, GOW: Collection, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, A Boy and His Blob, Halo 3 ODST, Metroid Prime Trilogy
#2obishawnPosted 12/29/2009 9:54:05 PM
The most broken difficulty system I've ever encountered...how brutally, pointlessly frustrating this game is.

I guess you never played games on the NES then...

How would anyone beat this without the buzz saw?

Through careful, conservative use of their ammo and also by picking their battles. You do not have to shoot every enemy you encounter.

Also, how would anyone beat the final boss without an FAQ or someone to help out?

How would a FAQ even get made if no one could beat it without a FAQ? I just blew my mind!!!

Decent game, but some ridiculous decisions here on the developers part. I mean, how stupid that the entire second half is like useless backtracking?

This game wasn't made to hold your hand like most modern games do, sure that isn't conventional, but it is a nice break from the same stuff every other game is doing.

No plot development, character development...what did I just play through? lol

It is all there, some of it is in the details, some of it you have to piece together yourself. They intentionally left things obscure for you to draw your own conclusions about the plot.

But, to ease your mind, you aren't the only one to bring up these concerns and Renegade Kid has addressed them all for Dementium 2. It is looking to be one of the best FPS on the DS, period.
---
Metroidmetal.com Metroid music remixed to metal
www.backloggery.com/sleeper_hits <-- games that went under the radar
#3The Mark of Kri(Topic Creator)Posted 12/30/2009 4:45:13 PM
You must be affiliated with the developers to defend this game like that...

This game doesn't hold your hand? seriously? The game is just plain BROKEN. The game practically cuddles you in it's bossom! The buzz-saw is so over powered it is hillarious. The game is just under 2 hours long. I mean, .... broken.

The game is incredibly repetitive, and the backtracking segment was just a flaw, not an innovation. Laziness as far as I'm concerned.

Only things going for it: Atmosphere (which was probably a mistake), graphics, gameplay is OK, music is OK.

And yes, I have played NES games constantly, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Dementium, as a DS game, is incredibly flawed and broken. NES games were likewise incredibly flawed and broken. Were you trying to defend demetium by comparing it to the NES? Laughable!!! DUDE!

I too hope Dementium 2 fixes these terrible problems.

---
Soon: Silent Hill: SM
Currently: RE:DC, GOW: Collection, Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, A Boy and His Blob, Halo 3 ODST, Metroid Prime Trilogy
#4obishawnPosted 12/30/2009 5:23:14 PM
You must be affiliated with the developers to defend this game like that...

Nope, not at all.

This game doesn't hold your hand? seriously? The game is just plain BROKEN. The game practically cuddles you in it's bossom! The buzz-saw is so over powered it is hillarious. The game is just under 2 hours long. I mean, .... broken.

Other than giving you a map, no, this game does not hold your hand. And the two things you listed are weak attempts to criticize the game. Obtaining and using the buzz saw is 100% optional. If you think using it makes the game broken, then don't use it. Without the use of teh buzz saw, let's see how quickly you go through the game.

It doesn't hold your hand for in many instances, one of those being limited ammo. With the Buzz Saw, you only need to fire your guns for the few enemies that the buzz saw is ineffective against. Without the buzz saw, you have to be careful about your ammo usage and even pick your battles.

Another way the game does not hold your hand is that the health pick-ups are limited. In the cases where you do have to back track or even if you get lost, you cannot restore your health if you already used up a bottle of pills.

Another way the game does not hold you hand is that the enemies respawn when you re-enter a room. With ammo and health NOT respawning, this makes the game far more challenging. Unless you only use the buzz saw, then bash the game because of it.

The game is incredibly repetitive

You are in a hospital, it is meant to look like all of the places you've already been. It adds to the feeling of being lost. Also, you over exaggerate, there are varied environments, though most of the game does in fact take place within the hallways of he hospital.

and the backtracking segment was just a flaw, not an innovation. Laziness as far as I'm concerned.

Accusations without explanations aren't taken seriously.

And yes, I have played NES games constantly, what does that have to do with the price of tea in China? Dementium, as a DS game, is incredibly flawed and broken. NES games were likewise incredibly flawed and broken. Were you trying to defend demetium by comparing it to the NES? Laughable!!! DUDE!

The save system. Though you never directly mentioned it, I thought you were referring to it. That was an assumption on my part, which I probably shouldn't have done. But the reason I mentioned NES games is that most people who cry about the save system, first of all, dont' know how to use it properly and second, forget that gaming on the NES was even less forgiving than the save system in Dementium.

I too hope Dementium 2 fixes these terrible problems.

It does. I dont' know how much you've looked into Dementium 2, but it is improved in every way.

---
#5gwar315Posted 12/31/2009 6:35:32 PM
Also, how would anyone beat the final boss without an FAQ or someone to help out?

How would a FAQ even get made if no one could beat it without a FAQ? I just blew my mind!!!

Please respond to this Kri.
---
Gwar315
#6ZhacariasPosted 1/2/2010 1:07:38 PM

Don't answer it. D: Next thing you know, someone might divide by zero.
#7The Mark of Kri(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2010 2:08:54 PM
Actually you can divide by zero, just have to think outside the box a little.

Answer to that would be a developer sharing the information through a guide. I'm not sure if that happened or not, can't say.

Dementium was a crappy game if you can't face that you're stubborn as all hell.

Go play Silent Hill Shatter Memories for a real horror experience.
---
Soon: Darksiders
#8obishawnPosted 1/2/2010 2:55:33 PM
You are the stubborn one. I have refuted every attempt you have made to bash the game and since you have nothing left to go with, you just call it bad. So you didn't like the game. You know what? That's fine. You are certainly entitled to that opinion. But don't bash the game arbitrarily.

And of course Shattered Memories is going to give you a better horror experience, it is much better software on much better hardware. Considering the limitations of the DS, Dementium is a fine game.
---
#9The Mark of Kri(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2010 6:24:06 PM
Hey, Mr. Intellectual, this is a matter of opinion.

Mine, Dementium was a flawed and broken game. I think I've made my point clear and if you don't like me saying it, go read one of the many reviews that gave this game mediocre scores.
---
Soon: Darksiders
#10obishawnPosted 1/2/2010 8:09:41 PM
You disliking the game is a matter of opinion. The reasons you listed for the game being flawed have nothing to do with opinion. You may dislike the game because of the things you listed, but you claiming that the game is flawed for those reasons is just flat out wrong. If you want to hate the game for its flaws, at least give the legitimate flaws and not stuff like "the buzz saw makes the game cheap!"
---