Unofficial Dogmeat Information

#1gunsndrosesPosted 10/21/2008 2:34:59 PM
I did this because I'm tired of all the topics on this board and others alike saying, "There's a dog?", or "What does Dogmeat do?" This should (hopefully) answer all Dogmeat questions. If you want a sticky, just say it... I'll update it when the game comes out.

1a) What is Dogmeat?

Dogmeat is a canine companion in Fallout 3. Loyal and faithful to you, he'll be with you all the way.

b) What does Dogmeat do?

Dogmeat is capable of fighting in combat. In addition, what some deem the most useful, he can create diversions to enemies so you can make the kill. Plus, the dog can go out and find items scattered throughout the wasteland, such as ammunition, food, water, accessories, clothing, etc. There are also rumors that you can send him to scout enemy activity- as a radar of sorts. I will confirm this once the game is released.

c) How do you get Dogmeat?

In the harsh, cruel world that is the Wasteland, Raiders and Bandits run amok. Dogmeat's owner met his untimely death to one of these criminals, and fled to you. It is up to you whether or not you'll let him bark his way into your heart or to leave him there. Heck, eve if you don't want him, but still have a heart, you could tell him to go wait over at Vault 101.

2a) Wasn't Dogmeat in the other Fallout games?

Yes, or at least other dogs named Dogmeat, to say the least. It appears Bethesda has continued the tradition of Dogmeat- a nice easter egg.

3a) Can I name Dogmeat?

Possibly one of the most frequently asked questions, the answer is (probably) no. Why would you want to change his name? It's just a name, but then again, if he was named Ben Dover, you probably would want to change his name. Besides- Dogmeat is an amazing name! He's a dog! He's meat! A 2-in-1 combo!

b) Does he follow me everywhere?

Seriously- I've seen people ask this question, and I seriously wonder to myself about these people. Yes! He is an NPC of sorts- one that joins your party. To add further information, your party can consist of yourself, Dogmeat, and another NPC who is willing to join you (an example is Jericho- a mercenary of sorts, he will join you for pay).

c) Can I kill Dogmeat?

Yes, but you'd be charged for animal cruelty.

4a) Can I eat Dogmeat?

Umm... you're messed up... if you ask this question....

b) Does Dogmeat take care of himself?

He's an NPC. He will take care of himself, but at times, you may want to feed him something to keep his health up.

(c) ((if needed)) gunsndroses
Request this for a sticky if necessary
Gamefaqs is the only board that should have this FAQ on. Don't even put it on the 360 board- you'll just be giving it to a bunch of pirates.
---
Why so serious?
PSN- gunsnroses71396
#2DirtyButtPosted 10/21/2008 3:06:35 PM
Don't even put it on the 360 board- you'll just be giving it to a bunch of pirates.

There are very few people on the 360 board who stole it and if there were an illegally downloadable version for the PS3 there'd be just as many people stealing it for the PS3. Quite possibly more considering the whining and crying about how "Bethesda hates the PS3".

---
Barbie Rocks!! Her lack of realistic genitalia frustrates yet arouses me at the same time
#3asnaes1981Posted 10/21/2008 4:30:32 PM
Dogmeat is an amazing name! He's a dog! He's meat! A 2-in-1 combo!

That's my new sig!
---
Dogmeat is an amazing name! He's a dog! He's meat! A 2-in-1 combo!
#4gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2008 12:15:54 PM
That's my new sig!

ha, nice. but seriously! 2-1 COMBO!!!
---
Why so serious?
PSN- gunsnroses71396