How do you get to the National Archives?

#1discotech97006Posted 11/6/2008 11:36:30 AM
I am pretty early in the main story but have done quite a few side quests. I just found Rivet city, and i need to do the side quest that takes me to the National Archives. I have not found any of the national monuments. Do you have to go through a subway station to get to the national mall? I am trying not to use console commands, at least on the first playthrough. Thanks
#2Poonjawbaa69Posted 11/6/2008 11:51:20 AM
Well, if you talk to Abraham Washington more about the quest then he pinpoints it on your map for you.
---
PSN: chinesmonkey
FALLOUT 3.
#3discotech97006(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2008 11:58:52 AM
I got the quest, and the marker of where it is, i just can't seem to get to it, I just end up going around in a circle around the the city. The arrow on the map just points me inot a wall. I think you have to go through a subway or something to get to it, just not sure which one.
#4CanuckCowboyPosted 11/6/2008 12:01:50 PM
Towards the Archives from Megaton (I suck with directions or I'd give N/S/E/W) and when you hit the blockage just keep walking right (as in, of you're facing the wall, you want to go to your guys right) and keep walkig up that way, eventually you'll go around some crap and come to a piece of road that's in decent shape and takes you over the crumbled blocked crap.
---
Woke up Sunday mornin', with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt. ~ Cash
...Life ain't easy for a boy name Sue... or Stew.
#5CanuckCowboyPosted 11/6/2008 12:02:59 PM
I just did that last night btw, I probably woulda got sick of trying to get around and given up, but I was half drunk and too lazy to start a new quest... heh.
---
Woke up Sunday mornin', with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt. ~ Cash
...Life ain't easy for a boy name Sue... or Stew.
#6discotech97006(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2008 12:10:07 PM
thanks i will give it a try, i just tried it from Rivet city, but i will try the hike from Megaton, just odd i could not get in, was pretty frustrating.
#7X Crono XPosted 11/6/2008 12:11:55 PM
Go down into the Subway thats straight across from Rivet City(Anacotsa Crossing or something like that), you come out in Seward Square from there make your way to the Capital Building go through the building to come out on The Mall then head through there to where National Archives is.

Just follow the dotted line and marker and shouldn't get lost.
---
Loneliness is not a phase, field of pain is where I graze
Serenity is far away. Alice In Chains - Angry Chair
#8kingsivPosted 11/6/2008 12:27:47 PM
West form Jefferson memorial. Cross the river.
#9SuicydePosted 11/6/2008 12:59:14 PM
On the Mall. If you can find the Washington Monument, you can find the archives.