Tenpenny Tower quest.. whos side should i choose? spoilers

#1mr_bRiTeSidEPosted 11/13/2008 5:22:26 PM
ok so i got the quest from that guard in tenpenny towers, and he offered me 500, and i used speech and got it to 700. 700 caps if i kill roy phillips which is a hefty amount of cash, and im talking to roy right now, and im not sure if i should kill roy and collect or help roy .. whats the rewards if i help roy, and what do you guys think i should do?
#2FearTheLULZPosted 11/13/2008 5:33:15 PM
Twas easy for me.

I found Tenpenny tower, saw Phillips, then wandered off. As Im wandering away a feral ghoul attacked me from behind. I kill the crap out of it, then Phillips comes charging me with assault rifle blazing.

Needless to say, he is clearly a brain melted zombie, and I killed him and his little friends below.
Ghouls suck.

---
Dynasty Warriors 6: Where Cao Pi got shafted!
PSN: FearTheLULZ
#3TheCodyzPosted 11/13/2008 5:33:42 PM
Hmm... Well... would you rather live with ghouls or people?
---
Who the heck cares?
#4RemakeMePosted 11/13/2008 5:54:47 PM
u can convice tenpenny to let them stay for like 500 caps but u have to convince the residents.. roy also gives u a goul mask if tenpenny agrees. i assume u still get it if u let the feral gouls into the tower also...

So wuts better for u... good karma, 500 caps, and a goul mask, or 700 caps and no karma? or a goul mask and something else maybe bad karma also?
#5sUp3r_s0n1cPosted 11/13/2008 6:06:09 PM
You can live with bnoth if you do it right. Here's how:

Don't kill roy, but don't help him either. Instead tell him that you'll try to convince the residents of tenpenny tower to let the ghouls move in. Go and talk to Allistair Tenpenny and ask him about letting the ghouls stay. He tells you that if you can convince Mr & Mrs Wellington, Mr. Ling, Ms. Montenegro and Miss Lancaster, he will let them move in. None of them will want the ghouls to move in, here's what you do:
Hack Ms. Montenegro's and Mr Ling's Computer, and then loot their safes. They wil rant about the safety of tenpenny tower and leave (If you have the tenpenny suite, then make sure to get all house upgrades and the theme you like first)
Find Susan's Love letter on Miss Lancaster's desk, and give it to Mrs. Wellington. She Will kill Mr Wellington and Miss Lancaster, and then leave Tenpenny tower.
Go back to Allistair Tenpenny. He will reward you with 500 caps. Now go back to Roy.
Here's the important part of getting the ghouls and humans to live together peacefully:
Wait until late at night, around 3 am when all the Tenpenny residents are asleep. Talk to roy and tell him he can move in. He will give you a Ghoul mask and 300 XP. Go out the Warrington Tunnels way, instead of the way that Roy goes. These two things (early morning and leaving a different route) will ensure that all the humans are not turned into ghouls when you arrive (I have tested this myself, it really works).
Return to Tenpenny tower and you will find that Alliatair Tenpenny has been killed by Roy. Wait until Roy is alone, and kill him. This will stop him from turning everybody into ghouls. (Note that when you Kill Roy, Micheal Masters will automatically become hostile, whether he sees you kill Roy or not, and you will have to kill him. This is why you should buy all upgrades from Ms, Montenegro before convincing her to leave).

If done correctly, the ghouls and the humans should live peacefully together, and you can leave for as long as you like without the residents all turning into ghouls.
---
"I'm guessing you should go for the PS3 because the lag is free. In the 360 the lag is paid yearly" - ninja_where
#6Sephiroth96752Posted 11/13/2008 6:13:02 PM
don't forget you essentially get to kill and loot an entire town..
---
RED LIGHTNING OMG
"Excuses are the ketchup on my hamburger of revenge." - squiggy9996999
#7goergedubyaPosted 11/14/2008 7:16:18 PM

You can live with bnoth if you do it right. Here's how:

Don't kill roy, but don't help him either. Instead tell him that you'll try to convince the residents of tenpenny tower to let the ghouls move in. Go and talk to Allistair Tenpenny and ask him about letting the ghouls stay. He tells you that if you can convince Mr & Mrs Wellington, Mr. Ling, Ms. Montenegro and Miss Lancaster, he will let them move in. None of them will want the ghouls to move in, here's what you do:
Hack Ms. Montenegro's and Mr Ling's Computer, and then loot their safes. They wil rant about the safety of tenpenny tower and leave (If you have the tenpenny suite, then make sure to get all house upgrades and the theme you like first)
Find Susan's Love letter on Miss Lancaster's desk, and give it to Mrs. Wellington. She Will kill Mr Wellington and Miss Lancaster, and then leave Tenpenny tower.
Go back to Allistair Tenpenny. He will reward you with 500 caps. Now go back to Roy.
Here's the important part of getting the ghouls and humans to live together peacefully:
Wait until late at night, around 3 am when all the Tenpenny residents are asleep. Talk to roy and tell him he can move in. He will give you a Ghoul mask and 300 XP. Go out the Warrington Tunnels way, instead of the way that Roy goes. These two things (early morning and leaving a different route) will ensure that all the humans are not turned into ghouls when you arrive (I have tested this myself, it really works).
Return to Tenpenny tower and you will find that Alliatair Tenpenny has been killed by Roy. Wait until Roy is alone, and kill him. This will stop him from turning everybody into ghouls. (Note that when you Kill Roy, Micheal Masters will automatically become hostile, whether he sees you kill Roy or not, and you will have to kill him. This is why you should buy all upgrades from Ms, Montenegro before convincing her to leave).

If done correctly, the ghouls and the humans should live peacefully together, and you can leave for as long as you like without the residents all turning into ghouls.

for 2 days...
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ you're seeing red ||||||||||||||||||||||||| you're seeing green
]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] you're seeing blue
#8mr_bRiTeSidE(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2008 10:24:14 PM
hehe i helped roy, and him and the ghouls ran through and killed everybody (super fun to watch) and i made twice the amount (if not more) of the money gustavo offered me.. after the ghouls killed everybody, i just ran through the stores and looted the safes and got the merchandise, then looted all the people and all their clothes, had my follower carry max amount of weight plus me carrying max amount, then sold it to the ghouls, i went from like 700 caps to 2.1k+ ANDDDD i looted gustavo and got the key to the armament locker, looted everything in there and sold the stuff i dont need, then took the doubles of items, repaired the higher condition one and sold them and got a bunch of guns, so i actually made more. it was a pretty sweet haul. oh and i got that sniper rifle off of tenpenny which was nice
#9Rampage707Posted 11/14/2008 10:25:39 PM
the mask is pretty awesome too. I feel one with the Ghouls now. Like brothers and stuff
#10CasylePosted 11/14/2008 10:29:34 PM
I HATE this quest.

*SPOILERS*

There's only one good karma patch, and it ends up turning into a wonderful situation where good intentions go horribly wrong, as something happens around 48 hours after you force co-existance, and people get killed.

Honestly, if not for the good karma, I would have wiped out the ghouls. I'm sorry, these freaking things have a tendency to turn FERAL and start feasting on tasty human flesh! *At least as I understand it many ghouls end up turning feral. I believe the female ghoul with Roy hints at it when you talk to her*