Where's the white house in fallout 3 and what can you do in it.

#1Yoshi_DarkfoxPosted 11/19/2008 5:11:02 PM
I thought it might be fun to go an explore the white house since the dungeon crawling in this game is way better that Oblivions. But i've never been there in real life so I have no idea where to find it. Could someone tell me where to look?
---
Pikachu died get over it!
Diamond FC: Jared 4983-1441-3424
#2EtherealJesterPosted 11/19/2008 5:22:16 PM
I've been looking and I still havn't found it. I'm still hoping its in the game somewhere, but ive got a feeling that if it is in the game they would have made it easy to find.
#3Super_Saiyan666Posted 11/19/2008 5:26:10 PM
it's totally destroyed . i think you can find the hole in the ground where it was though and i believe you can enter a tunnel that once connected to it .
---
PSN ID: ForceEdge
#4gameguru2Posted 11/19/2008 5:42:29 PM
oh yeah the white house is there in shables and you can see it from the washinton monument (the steeple) and started walking towards it but always got side tracked.
---
Fallout 3 stats-Level 10.5, 20 hours, Megaton nuked after decaping Burke and Tennpenny.
#5mathishard226Posted 11/19/2008 6:26:07 PM
I found it. It was all fenced off and heavily irradiated. There was a tunnel nearby I was hoping would lead in, but no. Who knows, maybe there is a way. If there was, it would be in the Strategy Guide which I don't have.

Given that I've heard Zero Chatter on this online though, I can't help but think it's a no. That's a shame. Though I can't help but feel there's a reason they did it this way. The White House is just too iconic a DC location to pass up on content for completely...

DLC? Anyway, if someone has more insight I'd love to hear it too.
---
PSNID: MathIsHard Playing: Disgaea DS, Wipeout HD, Fallout 3
#6SaranisPosted 11/19/2008 6:41:40 PM
Thee Dog talks about the White House Crater sometimes. One thing I remember him saying is that one of the Nukes exploded directly overhead. Dunno if this is just fallout lore or if there is something to it in the game.
---
OV MVP
#7SSJBrown85Posted 11/19/2008 6:56:08 PM
It kinda sucks that the White House isn't there. However if any opposing country that has a large array of nuclear weapons and they were to bomb this country, then that landmark is a pretty HUGE target.
#8SennadaPosted 11/19/2008 7:01:11 PM
^You have a point.
---
Gamertag- Sennada - PS3 Online Name- Sennada
o=====|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\
#9kain920411Posted 11/19/2008 8:06:38 PM
For legal reasons they could not put it in. By providing even a busted up version of the white house it would be giving other countrys a better idea of the internal works of the presidents home. So for secruity they juust made it busted up, cant have some one going "Oh yeah, did not know that room in the tour was that close to the Round room, should put a spy bug there or some kind of boom grenade." Oh sure they could have just changed it around but its safer this way.
---
PSN: James_Sarin
http://z11.invisionfree.com/VWH__REBORN/index.php?act=idx
#10TheGivingTreePosted 11/19/2008 8:11:39 PM
You can enter it, but its all destroyed.. I believe you take the Penn. North metro.. or one of them and it will lead you into the white house, adding it to your map, you can find 3 mini nukes and I think a book there,
---
[[PSN]] - CrucifixUs
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." Ephesians 2:8