were is the sniper rifle in megaton

#1bobboltenPosted 1/7/2009 2:33:58 PM
i heard there was a sniper rifle in megaton at the very back on the outside i've been looking everywere and can't c it anywere can sum1 tell me were EXACTLY it is

and btw if any1 knows were i can get 1 of those things to blow up the bomb that would help as well
---
brawl friend code Name popo 3007-9536-8362
PSN: mrpopogeezar
#2Lord HazliaPosted 1/7/2009 2:39:27 PM
Here's a crazy question....

Did you try the ARMORY????????? Seeing as how that's where the guns are generally stored & all.

Also...you don't have to look very far for a sniper rifle. All you have to do is head north out of Megaton past the school. There is a broken down overpass there. On top of that overpass is a group of Raiders. The leader of the group has a sniper rifle that's in pretty good shape.

---
Deep down all guys wanna plow a blue alien girl at least once in their lives - Lord Hazlia
Sir, you have just won the internet. Congratulations - Kitein0
#3VenomIIPosted 1/7/2009 2:40:00 PM
I think you can get a sniper rifle off Stockholm ( the guy above the entrance) if you kill him in such a way that the rifle or part of his body lands in a reachable area. As for the Fusion Pulse Charge, needed to rig the bomb to explode, you can get one of Mr.Burke in Moriarty's Saloon if you agree to help him(NOTE: this makes you lose massive Karma(1,000))
---
KAAABLOOOEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
PSN: Venomireland
#4Lord HazliaPosted 1/7/2009 2:40:29 PM
Oh...and this:

"and btw if any1 knows were i can get 1 of those things to blow up the bomb that would help as well"

This is a quest. Talk to a guy named Burke. He's in the bar.

---
Deep down all guys wanna plow a blue alien girl at least once in their lives - Lord Hazlia
Sir, you have just won the internet. Congratulations - Kitein0
#5TheWildOneV1Posted 1/7/2009 2:42:21 PM
There's one hidden in a rock by Megton. It's not plainly visisble.
---
Now playing Smackdown Vs. Raw 09 and Fallout 3. MGS4-One of the greatest reasons to own the PS3.
The official Superman of the C&GN Board
#6NiBuEAPosted 1/7/2009 2:43:13 PM
There is a hollowed out rock behind Megaton. Inside is a Sniper Rifle, Ammo, and a few other things. Circle Megaton until you come to a rock surrounded by sticks stabbed in the ground.
#7IceFire_13Posted 1/7/2009 2:43:13 PM
I think he's referring to the hidden supply hollowed out rock.

It's not east to describe the exact spot; use fallout wiki to get a map and exact location.
#8bobbolten(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2009 2:46:25 PM
can't break into the armory

but thanx anyway
---
brawl friend code Name popo 3007-9536-8362
PSN: mrpopogeezar
#9my96dcmimpalassPosted 1/7/2009 2:49:43 PM
I'll try to get you close to Hollowed Out Rock.

Exit Megaton, and loop around back down the WEST side of Megaton. Follow the wall of Megaton until (using your PipBoy, set to Local Map) you reach what would be 7 O'Clock on a non-digital clock (SSW). There should be 3 Mole Rats when you are close. With Megatons Wall on your left, and the wasteland rocks on your right, look for a rock w/ 2 or 3 skinny trees growing right next to it. Walk inbetween the trees to the rock and activate the rock like a door. Inside will be the sniper rifle and some other goodies. The rock isn't far from Megatons wall. It's only a few steps, so don't go out wandering.

Imagine the path you are walking as you follow Megatons Wall as a sidewalk. Megatons Wall is on your left, and on the right will be the rock. Not way far off the path, but right next to it. Don't forget, when you see 3 Mole Rats, you are close.