Upgrading Shishkabob

#1Lazay727Posted 3/15/2009 4:26:13 PM

I have schematic v 3, all the parts. but when i make it, i come up with shishkebab 1.

Do i need 3 of each item to make it? Is thay why?

#2LuciferSigmaPosted 3/15/2009 4:30:20 PM
Each schematic improves the starting condition of the weapon. It doesn't make multiple copies. That only happens with the Bottlecap Mine and the Nuka Grenade.
---
Read quote.
#3Lazay727(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2009 4:45:09 PM
when i go to the work station and i press Shishkabab, it makes a new shishkabab.
#4Lazay727(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2009 5:29:27 PM
bump someone elaborate on why... i want my v3 please!
#5Rockstar_BobPosted 3/15/2009 5:31:50 PM
There's a V3 Shiskabab?

That's news to me.
---
Current System being Played: Playstation 3
Current Game being Played: Saints Row 2
#6LuciferSigmaPosted 3/15/2009 5:43:59 PM
What are you talking about? If you have all 3 schematics then you're making a V3 Shishkebab. It's not going to say V3 Shishkebab or V2 Shishkebab. Does that answer your question?
---
Read quote.
#7Lazay727(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2009 6:35:48 PM

LuciferSigma posted...
What are you talking about? If you have all 3 schematics then you're making a V3 Shishkebab. It's not going to say V3 Shishkebab or V2 Shishkebab. Does that answer your question?
---
Read quote.

When i make it, i go to workbench and i get a new shishkabab. It is exactly as strong as my old one. It's supposed to be 20% stronger. what am i not doing right?

#8-Lost-Posted 3/15/2009 6:48:08 PM
the version only determines the druability on the weapon when you create it... when you only have one schematic, i believe it is %75 of your repair skill, 2 schematics (v2) it is 100% of your repair skill, and 3 schematics (v3) is %125 of your repair skill.

it does not make the weapon any stronger, or change the name of the weapon, it just makes it changes the durabilty of the weapon when it comes off your bench. (which, in a sense DOES make the weapon stronger)

p.s. if you wanted a strong shishkabob, get the pyromaniac perk!
#9darkarkmarPosted 3/15/2009 6:50:28 PM
it adds dmg delt, it does not say it but when it does hit them, its 20% more burning. I have the rock-it launcher v3 and i shoots faster and more dmg comes out. although it breaks fast, ammo it not nearly the problem. anyway like your skills in small guns does not show only when you hit them the dmg raises.
---
Its not my fault. I told you how, not to do it.
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRG
#10demonbuddyPosted 3/15/2009 6:53:05 PM

What are you doing wrong? You're not listening to the answers provided. A higher version of the schematic means that you get a better starting condition for the weapon that you created. But you could combine your *damaged* creations and get the full condition (and full damage) version. For instance, if you have V3 Rock-It-Launcher, if you have the right components (and no, you only need one of each), you'll make a 100 condition (i.e., full damage) launcher. If you have only V2 or V1, you'd make a damaged (not at 100 condition) launcher, but you could make another launcher, combine the two weaker launchers and make a perfect condition launcher. Basically, V3 means you'd make a better weapon with fewer parts... but you can still make the top condition (and max damage) version.

Oh, and like everyone else has said, for the Nuka Grenades and the Bottle Cap Mine, you make 2 grenades/mines for the same number of components if you have V2, and 3 grenades/mines for the same number of components if you have V3. But for the other weapons, you just make a weaker (but improvable) version of the weapon. Clear? :D It is confusing; not yer fault unless you are one of the designers. In which case, I have to yell at you for the level 20 cap. ;)

Demonbuddy