Tenpenny Tower basement and suite?

#1gamemaster1600Posted 8/24/2009 3:11:11 PM
The ghouls have already taken over the tower, however I've looked all around for the basement to get a look at the bodies myself and I can't find it. Can someone tell me how you get into the basement? Also, is there anyway to get into that suite on the top floor (that says 'locked: requires key")

Where is the key?

Thanks.
---
Trophy Collector: # of Platinum Trophies: 8
Currently trying to Platinum: Fallout 3
#2djmshsPosted 8/24/2009 3:18:16 PM
the basement is just to the left as you walk into the tower and as for the suite its available only if you blow up megaton; however sometime after roy takes over the tower you can access the suite only from the balcony.
---
PSN: djmshs
#3gamemaster1600(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2009 3:43:30 PM
Ok, thanks, how do I get in through the balcony?
---
#4djmshsPosted 8/24/2009 3:48:14 PM
up stairs go into tenpenny's suite and exit to the balcony. once on the balcony turn left and walk to the first door that will still say inaccessible but you can still enter.
---
PSN: djmshs
#5gamemaster1600(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2009 4:20:47 PM
I've found the door, but it still wont let me in..... There are three doors out there, and there all locked.
Is there no way in now?
---
#6GenocideHeartPosted 8/25/2009 1:05:48 AM
Do you have a patched game? You can only access the suite this way if you are playing on an unpatched game. The patch fixes that exploit.
---
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#7tomma101Posted 8/25/2009 1:16:12 AM
there are bodies in the basement, bodies i havent burnt yet?
---
You can make a throne of bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long
PSN- tomma101 Australia, love it or leave it
#8GenocideHeartPosted 8/25/2009 1:30:16 AM
Only if you solve the Tenpenny tower quest with a nonviolent solution (ie, the ghouls move in with the humans).
---
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#9tomma101Posted 8/25/2009 2:43:41 AM
i figured that out when i got down there, no matter though, i looted the whole tower as the gouls killed everyone, so i didnt lose anything
---
You can make a throne of bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long
PSN- tomma101 Australia, love it or leave it
#10squiggy9996999Posted 8/25/2009 6:45:03 AM
only one of my games where i chose megaton let me into the suite at tenpenny. BUT i haven't done the mission with the ghouls, so basically i paid 100 caps to get in and then went up, passed a speech check with a guard and talked to tenpenny on his balcony. after that i just went and the suite is accessible, but i'm guessing that if i advance the tenpenny/ghoul or shoot'em in the head quests that i might lose access to the suite. my other saves i only tried accessing the suite after completing those quests and the door never opened (except for my evil guy, who lives there).