Fallout 3 tips for beginners.

#1AkaMistaBPosted 9/19/2009 5:14:01 PM
Fallout 3 tips for Beginners.
Ok this is some tips for some people that don't know the following.
1) A3-21's Plasma Rifle-
2) T-51B Power Armour-
3) Alien Blaster-
----------------------------------------

1) A3-21's Plasma Rifle-

A) You get this from the quest "The Replicated Man".

B) This is not a super plasma rifle just has 5 damage increase.

C) The gun has a high price but, is the strongest rifle in the game. (keep it)

D) To Get this wepon you must solve the quest "The Replicated Man" so first
you have to go to rivet city, and go to the science lab and talk to the androids owner in the back of the lab. (he should be talking to one of the scientist and he will have a body guard. Ask him for information about the android and accept the quest. Go to Megatron and ask the doctor about a Synthetic Android and he will bargin you for 100 caps. He will give you a holotape. Then Go to the broken Bow of Rivet city. (the broken half of the ship. Swim to the bottom right and go under. you will see a broken hallway. go through it fast. continue to a door that is (activated elsewhere.)and the switch is behind you. Go in and tell him that you know about the synthetic android. He will give you the password to the terminal by the skeleton. Read everything, or skip through it.
Go to Harkness and tell him he is an android. He will ask about getting rid of the owner, Tell him to kick the guy off the ship for better karma. Now you got the Plasma Rifle.

2) T-51B Power Armour-

A) This armor is from the quest "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head".

B) This is the strongest power armor in the game with Damage resistance of 50 hit points. 5 higher than the Testla armor.

C) This gun has a heavy price but its the best armor so keep it.

D) To Get this Armor you must solve the quest "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head". so first you must go to the Underworld which is located in the museum of History. Go into Carlos Place upstairs located to the right. Go in and talk to Mr.Crowley and he will ask for a favor. To kill four people. Do it. Go to Dave's place in the top right corner of the map. Tell the girl you want to come in to talk to her daddy. Go in and he is down the hall to the right. There you have 3 options, Kill him or talk your way through. Or pickpocket him. Then go to Rivet city and talk to Ted Strayer, or kill him. Rivet city is on the bottom right corner of the map. from megatron go to the bottom edge of the map and the follow left to rivet city. Then go to tenpenny tower. And pickpocket him, kill him, or talk to him. He is located at the top of the tower outside. Then go to Dukov's Place. Convince him to give you the key or pay him for the key. If you have the ladykiller perk you can get the key from cherry. Return to the underworld and on the final key ask for the location to Fort contentine for the location. And for xp.
Load the auto save you get when you enter the room if you fail the attempt. At fort constitine look for Tara's body she will have the final key to the room with the T-51b armor.

3) Alien Blaster-

A) To get this gun there is no quest besides the Mothership Zeta DLC.
But if you dont have the DLC just follow my instructions.

B) This gun is the strongest pistol in the game w/ an outstanding dmg of 100.

C) The value of this wepon is 500 caps, terrible but the gun is great.

D) To obtain this gun you must go north of the MDPL-13 Power Station.
If you dont know where that is it is located north of the mine field as well.
If you still have trouble look here http://www.fallout3maps.com/FallOut3Map.gif
Continue north and follow the radio towers until you pick up radiation.
The gun will have 120+ ammo, but there is only around 225 ammo in the game so use the ammo wisely.

---
My Brother is AkaMrD.
#2AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 5:15:06 PM
4) Ammo Glitches-
5) Dupe Glitches-
6+)And Finally Finance tips, etc.-

4) Ammo Glitches-

A) This is not really an ammo glitch but is a glitch that helps get lots of ammo.

B) This glitch is simple but time consuming as in 2-3 minutes per person.

C) This glitch is Worth it.

D) To do this glitch you need to have 2 laser pistols, 500 caps minimum.
The more caps the better, The two pistols must have different conditions to actually do the glitch. One nearly broken, one above 35%. Sell the almost broken pistol. Then sell the 35%+ pistol. Now you have no pistols.
Buy the cheep pistol, the game should confuse the pistols and give you the 35%+ pistol. The condition should gradually increase also. If done correctly you will get the expensive gun every time. If you do not get the Better gun every time you must have messed up at some point by buying the better condition gun. You must rest, or wait 3-5 days. Then retry the process. After buying all you want buy the cheep gun untill you get the cheep gun. sell every laser pistol besides the 100 condition gun and the almost broken pistol.

5) Dupe Glitches-

A) Yes it sounds too good to be true, that's because it is. "kinda"

B) You can only dupe mines and grenades. (That i know of)

C) You can not keep the grenades though. I will tell you why later.

D) To do this glitch you need 1 Missile Launcher, And est. 10-20 missiles.
You buy a Missile Launcher in the poorest condition you can. Then Get the Best Mine you can. Use all the missiles you have until your missile launcher breaks on you and then you change very quickly to your mines. (1 mine recommended)
Throw don the mine, if done correctly you will pull out an imaginary mine!! oohhh.
lol, anyways if you wanna dupe grenades pull out the grenade (1) but dont throw it until you at the destination you cannot kill through. (recommended nuka-grenade.) And blast away. the reason you can not keep the grenade is that you can disarm a mine, but try that with a grenade. (wont work)

6+)And Finally Finance tips, etc.-

When you start so the A3-21's Plasma Rifle and the T-51B Power Armour first.
Then Go to megatron and if you have man killer or whatever perk, you can persuade the man in the bar, at the top of magatron city to give you 500 caps bonus.

Go to tenpenny tower then blow Megatron. But before that try to repair the pipes for the plumber. You will get xp. Then you can if you want do the wasteland quest for the girl in the commonside suply place. (idk your choice)
Then blow the city up. If you want jerico get him right before.
You will get 1000 caps and a better house. Then after that you should go to the Museum of history, and do the quest for Mr.Crowley. And get the power armor. If you want you can go to the ninth circle and tell Azzural about his bodyguard. and buy him or kill the carlos. But that will piss off Mr.Crowley. His body guard is the 3rd best. After that kill Tenpenny and the stranger guy to get good karma.
Kill them with the alien blaster on vary hard for 150xp. outstanding. Go for headshot to conserve ammo. Then for very good karma go to your butler every 5 days for water, (purified water) and the beggar will be outside tenpenny tower, or outside megatron if you have not blown it up yet. 20 water = From very bad to normal. 35= from very bad to very good. 'Nice' huh =)
---
My Brother is AkaMrD.
#3AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 5:26:21 PM
Oh yea i forgot, When you start put you intelegence on 9 and 1 on anything else.
Then go to rivet city imediatly and dont level. Go to the science lab and grab the intelegence collectable.. then on level 4 get the perk that gains 3 to skill points.
---
My Brother is AkaMrD.
#4STO-109Posted 9/19/2009 5:28:56 PM
Amazing. Good Job dude.

Sticky?
---
Id rather have the golden guns and look like like a badass mofo than have a small 5x5 icon next to my name..... - R.86
Agreed.
#5NihilismOnToastPosted 9/19/2009 5:32:25 PM
To get a Sniper Rifle early in the game :

Travel to Megaton and face the main entrance.

Now go around the side of Megaton ( i.e Don't actually enter the town).

Keep going around until you see a rock that has three dead trees growing around it.

This rock is hollow and inside you'll find a Sniper Rifle, some ammo and a note.
---
Blackadder: "The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr Brain has long since departed, hasn't he, Percy?"
#6AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2009 9:51:30 PM
Sorry i made some mistakes i will redo most of this and will have more information than i have now. It will take around 1-2 days. i have to prepair the message and i have other things to do. When im done Check out what i post. i may have it done within 2 hours.(today)
#7nyamanPosted 9/20/2009 4:08:20 AM
I seriously don't think that is going to be useful at all. If you think about it, most newcomers aren't going to be able to do the "You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head" until they have enough grounding to travel the DC centre, and they can't even wear the power armer until they get training. They won't know good places to use the Alien Blaster, and probably shouldn't invest too many points into plasma weapons until they become more abundant later on. Same thing with AR-31s Plasma Rifle, they can't really repair it and when you are a newcomer you aren't gonna have a huge supply of microfusion cells.
The intelligence bobblehead is all of an extra 5 skill points, based on when you'd get to Rivet City normally, for a lot of hard work on the newcomer's part. You never really have a shortage of skill points, you should be able to max what you want by end game. The glitches are completely useless, play the game properly before you exploit it.
I think it would help beginners more to give them general hints like that Repair is very useful, and that early on it's probably wise to pump points into Small Arms, Lockpick and Science early on. They want to know where they can get decent weapons like Hunting Rifles and a dependable store of ammo, not where to find the game's strongest weaponry.
---
Nyaman, always was, and always will be.
#8AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2009 11:04:03 AM
Ok Here is my last message for now.
One im not done and two Im posting a save with all this done.
And you can get power armour in the beggining as a level 2.
I will tell you how later.
---
My Brother is AkaMrD.
#9AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2009 1:45:36 PM
3)And Finally Finance tips, etc.(part 3)

Now for the Tb-51 Power Armour.
To Get this Armor you must solve the quest "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head". so first you must go to the Underworld which is located in the museum of History. If you cannot find the museum of History Look here-->(http://www.fallout3maps.com/FallOut3Map.gif)

Go into Carlos Place upstairs located to the right. Go in and talk to Mr.Crowley and he will ask for a favor. To kill four people. Do it. Go to Dave's place in the top right corner of the map. Tell the girl you want to come in to talk to her daddy. Go in and he is down the hall to the right. There you have 3 options, Kill him or talk your way through. Or pickpocket him. Then go to Rivet city and talk to Ted Strayer, or kill him. Then go to tenpenny tower.

And pickpocket him, kill him, or talk to him. He is located at the top of the tower outside. Then go to Dukov's Place. Convince him to give you the key or pay him for the key.Just follow the Whire filled in arrow. If you have the ladykiller perk you can get the key from cherry. But if you have the man killer perk you can sweet talk Dukov for his key. Return to the underworld and on the final key ask for the location to Fort contentine for the location.

And for xp. Load the auto save you get when you enter the room if you fail the attempt. At fort Constitine look for Tara's body she will have the final key to the room with the T-51b armor. If you want you can go to the nineth circle and ask Azzural about his bodyguard. You can buy him or kill Carlos At Carlos place. But that will piss off Mr.Crowley. So i would pay.

It does cost 2000 caps so if you want you can set the difficulty to very easy and use a strong mele weapon and in sneak mode undetected attack her from behind in the head for critical damage, keep attacking until shes dead. if you get attacked load the auto save when you entered the room. His body guard is the 3rd best, and uses a combat shotgun.

Alien Blaster
To obtain this gun you must go north of the MDPL-13 Power Station.
If you dont know where that is it is located north of the mine field as well.
If you still have trouble look here http://www.fallout3maps.com/FallOut3Map.gif
Continue north and follow the radio towers until you pick up radiation.
The gun will have 120+ ammo, but there is only around 225 ammo in the game so use the ammo wisely.

Then Go to tenpenny tower and kill Mr.Tenpenny , And Mr.Burns.
Kill them with the alien blaster on vary hard for 150xp. outstanding. Go for headshot to conserve ammo. Dont forget to use VATS mode.

Then for very good karma The beggar will be outside tenpenny tower, or outside megatron if you have not blown it up yet. You will get Good karma for each purified water you give him, Remember the water from the beggining?
Give him those and the Water you get from you butler at tenpenny tower, or megatron if you have one there. 20 waters = From very bad karma to normal karma. 35 waters = From very bad karma to very good karma. 'Nice' huh =)

---
My Brother is AkaMrD.
#10AkaMistaB(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2009 1:45:43 PM
3)And Finally Finance tips, etc.(part 2)

So if you wanna do extra quests nows your chance. Then when you are done. Go to the top of tenpenny tower by when you enter the tower there will be an elevator behind the customer service desk. go up it turn left and tell the guard you are here for mister burns.
Then go around the small garden and take a right through the door. look left and he will say the detonator is on the table. look ahead to the suitcase. open it the you can detonate it or not. (if you forgot to do a quest now is your last chance.)
Also you can get jerico for 1000 caps.

He's not very good but if you new you may need him. Ok when you enter megatron go to the botom look left when you get there. you will see a women by a fridge. Jerico is normally there by the door to the bar. But read the next part before blowing up the city to make things easier.After you do that go to the tower then.... Then activate it. Boom the view is realistic. If you got a flat screen w/ hdmi on 1080p. Ok now you will have 1000 caps reward from Mr.burns and you will get a tenpenny suite key to your very own personal suite. Awesome huh. No more crappy scrap metal and more space to. kinda.

Now you have a chance to get the A3-21 Plasma rifle from Harkness. To do this
You go to the Science lab in Rivet city. there will be a Man talking to a scientist. He will have a bodyguard next to him. Talk to the man. Not the body guard. But the Nerd. He will tell you about a prototype android known as A3-21. Do the quest. Go to Megatron, then go to the doctor near the bomb. he will be in a building near the bomb not physicaly by the bomb.

Go into the place and ask about the android. He will bribe you. Pay the 100 caps. He will give you a holo tape. a voice recording. listen to it. Then go to Rivet city and go to the entrance dont go in. look to the right and jump to the lower part near the jet. walk to the right until you get to the end. Jump off and swim to the broken part of the ship, aka (broken bow) swim into something that looks like an broken hallway.

When you get through continue upstairs until you get to a door that says. (this door is activated else where. The switch is behind you on the wall. There is a door that is nearly the same but the switch is next to the door, that is the exit. There will be murlurks so run through it fast. activate the door and you will see The old man. Ask him about the android.

He will give you the password to the terminal located by the skeleton on the medical bed. Skip through all the information and then there will be a book on the desk, a skill book grab it and then run to the exit and leave. Don't forget the activation switch is to the right of the door.Go back to the Lab located in Rivet city. Then tell Harkness the memory activation code and he will remember everything. tell him to kick the one guy in the science lab off the ship. Boom now he will give you his A3-21's Plasma Rifle. With 5 more damage that the regular plasma rifle.