If Yao Guai are so tough,why doesn't everyone just choose the animal friend perk

#1Mr_DomPosted 11/1/2009 1:11:26 PM
It's what I did my first play through and one has never layed a finger (or paw) on me

---
http://i44.tinypic.com/4zu6qb.jpg
#2Ganty101Posted 11/1/2009 1:14:37 PM
They are sneaky little buggers. Bout it. Not worth wasting the perk. Well they are worth it later on.
#3GenocideHeartPosted 11/1/2009 1:20:25 PM
The Animal Friend Perk isn't chosen more often because it requires Charisma, which is an incredibly useless stat. It's a decent perk - especially later on when Enclave are everywhere and having some wandering Yao Guai savagely maul them instead of you is rather useful, but not worth sinking points in CHA, unless you plan to get Broken Steel and the Almost Perfect perk.
---
Does Hydlide really count as a game? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of torture session. --Tocawe
#4cougrePosted 11/1/2009 2:23:43 PM
I'm on my 3rd play-through and decided to be a girl this time to try out the Black Widow perk and to hear the different dialog. I also decided to pick some of the other perks that I hadn't picked before that fit into my girl-persona. One of those was the Animal perk (both levels). I have to say... I kind of like it. I had two YaoGuai go up against two giant albino scorpions for me. You have to respect that kind of dedicated self-sacrifice. They took down one of the scorpions but in the end both YaoGuai died. I haven't had the chance to put one up against the Enclave yet. That should be fun.

---
** Signature space available. Inquire within. **
#5JayGood259OzPosted 11/1/2009 6:29:27 PM
I never cared about Yao Gui...1 or 2 shotgun blasts and they die.
#6BuLLeTsZPosted 11/1/2009 6:32:07 PM
Yeah I took one apart with my laser rifle, but it hit me once and half of my health was gone, I was like WHOA...
#7HaleybopPosted 11/1/2009 6:32:18 PM

I just shoot them with Blackhawk or the sniper rifle. Takes their head right off.

#8ClarissaDarlingPosted 11/1/2009 7:29:12 PM
i always take the animal frien perk it saves a few bullets here and there, plus with 30 levels and only a handful of good perks there really isnt much competition holding animal perk out, i dont take the second rank because the 2nd rank is really useless
#9SirThinkALotPosted 11/1/2009 8:30:24 PM
Several reasons:

-The perk requires 6 Cha, considering how otherwise useless Charasmia is(and how much better off the points would be put into Int or End, or AGl), its simply not worth it.

-Yao Guai are the only animals(sadly albino radscoropions dont count as animals, but as insects) that are actually dangerous enough to justify this perk, and there arent THAT many of them, and I dont think I'v ever fought more than one of them at a time.

-No more Yao Guai meat.

I'm sure there are more reasons, but those are the main reasons I never take Animal Friend perk.
---
PSN Name- Sir-think-a-lot
#10firechicken76Posted 11/1/2009 9:06:52 PM
Oh yea, Dont feed the Yao Guai....that is all.