How do I get the people in Megaton to stop shooting me?

#1subATOM1XPosted 11/30/2010 1:29:36 AM
I decided to steal a bunch of stuff in daytime and now they keep slaughtering me. Is there a way for them to stop?
---
"Real Men use fists but Real Men never have time for hunting. Real Men are always punching some ovaries." - Psience
#2aaronimpactPosted 11/30/2010 4:12:51 AM
1. Go back to a previous save
2. Leave Megaton and return in 3 game days
3. Kill all the residents
#3subATOM1X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2010 5:58:58 AM
Do I really have to kill them? I just started the game (only at Level 4 now), and I think that's pretty impossible since I'm so outnumbered. :/
---
"Real Men use fists but Real Men never have time for hunting. Real Men are always punching some ovaries." - Psience
#4IminyourclosetPosted 11/30/2010 6:44:18 AM
No, you don't, that was a joke.

With most settlements, if you leave the area (meaing you go somewhere else, not just wait outside the door) and then wait for three and a bit days, and then come back, everyone will have forgiven you for any crime. There are a few settlements who will never forgive you if you anger them (arefu, the family, paradise falls for example).
---
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
#5subATOM1X(Topic Creator)Posted 11/30/2010 6:53:29 AM
Cool, thanks. Is it advisable to steal things from towns, though? Is there anything really worth stealing from a particular town? All I've seen lately is just a bunch of lame food and other generic crap.
---
#6aaronimpactPosted 11/30/2010 9:00:33 AM
If you must steal.

Put your sight (><) on the item and push down on the L4 button you will then be able to carry the item in the air. Then take it to a secluded spot where no one is around and then pick it up.
#7emorainboPosted 11/30/2010 9:03:51 AM

^L3 button. But otherwise this is really the best advice, its actually kind of funny that people dont have a problem with you walking around with their valuables.

#8OzeroCaPosted 11/30/2010 1:04:37 PM
another non-forgiving settlement is the republic of dave.. it's a little buggy, too.. there's a safe you can get rights to go through, and you get in trouble anyway.

---
/__\ Sci-fi books with a lil humoUr and horror and the occasional lesbian hero?
\__/ www.ozero.ca Book3: 'Echoes of Erebus' is out! PSN:ozero