How do I get the people in Megaton to stop shooting me?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. How do I get the people in Megaton to stop shooting me?
6 years ago#1
I decided to steal a bunch of stuff in daytime and now they keep slaughtering me. Is there a way for them to stop?
"Real Men use fists but Real Men never have time for hunting. Real Men are always punching some ovaries." - Psience
6 years ago#2
1. Go back to a previous save
2. Leave Megaton and return in 3 game days
3. Kill all the residents
6 years ago#3
Do I really have to kill them? I just started the game (only at Level 4 now), and I think that's pretty impossible since I'm so outnumbered. :/
"Real Men use fists but Real Men never have time for hunting. Real Men are always punching some ovaries." - Psience
6 years ago#4
No, you don't, that was a joke.

With most settlements, if you leave the area (meaing you go somewhere else, not just wait outside the door) and then wait for three and a bit days, and then come back, everyone will have forgiven you for any crime. There are a few settlements who will never forgive you if you anger them (arefu, the family, paradise falls for example).
"I think all you gotta do is find that little black kid, and doesn't that start the whole backdoor option?" -WHiTE_LickR
6 years ago#5
Cool, thanks. Is it advisable to steal things from towns, though? Is there anything really worth stealing from a particular town? All I've seen lately is just a bunch of lame food and other generic crap.
6 years ago#6
If you must steal.

Put your sight (><) on the item and push down on the L4 button you will then be able to carry the item in the air. Then take it to a secluded spot where no one is around and then pick it up.
6 years ago#7

^L3 button. But otherwise this is really the best advice, its actually kind of funny that people dont have a problem with you walking around with their valuables.

6 years ago#8
another non-forgiving settlement is the republic of dave.. it's a little buggy, too.. there's a safe you can get rights to go through, and you get in trouble anyway.
/__\ Sci-fi books with a lil humoUr and horror and the occasional lesbian hero?
\__/ www.ozero.ca Book3: 'Echoes of Erebus' is out! PSN:ozero
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. How do I get the people in Megaton to stop shooting me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived