i hate Roy Philips.

#1TuohPosted 4/20/2012 8:19:27 PM
I mean for God's sake. He's like Malcolm X. So damn hypocritical in his intolerance. I got you and your lonely friends into the damn tower, now please don't kill the people who accept you.

But nah. He kills them all and hides the bodies.
He killed Tenpenny. Tenpenny was my friend ;-; we would shoot nukes while wearing power armour and we would laugh.

So yeah. I marched up to Roy while he was with Masters. As he walked away I arced a Mirv shot at him and blew up the whole damn lobby. Masters barely survived and got his head put on a railroad spike on the desk.

The rest got to live because im not a bigot. I killed the offenders.

If they had laid a SINGLE finger on Mr. Burke, however, everyone in the game would have died. Hes my favorite character because he reminds me of G-Man. Hes my friend.

So screw Roy Philips sideways with a tire iron.
---
"I hope you go to prison and someone spreads your cheeks. That's the only use for annoying people." -spanishbob
#28f9g43k8ku7335pPosted 4/21/2012 4:29:24 AM
I don't quite understand why he's considered "good." He's not much different from the folks in Tenpenny Tower.
#3Tuoh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 7:27:27 AM
I think I would've been happy if he atleast left Tenpenny alive.
---
"I hope you go to prison and someone spreads your cheeks. That's the only use for annoying people." -spanishbob
#4mkavanagh43Posted 4/21/2012 5:51:57 PM

Man, that's life, though.

You can't expect to take 2 opposing sides of morals and lifestyles who hate eachother, put them inside walls to live together, and expect them to settle their long running differences peacefully, and flourish.

No, you put those 2 groups together in a room, and blood will be spilled.

#5Tuoh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2012 8:45:33 PM
But they were fine with the ghouls.
people died because Roy Philips is an ass.

Even Tenpenny, who is supposedly the biggest bigot ever, didn't mind having the ghouls in the tower as long as they didn't make a big fuss.
I really wish there was an event where Tenpenny and Roy face off, where Roy would probably win by default but you can intervene.
Maybe with an added speech challenge, the other ghouls can stay even after Phillips's death.
---
#6VidmorPosted 4/23/2012 9:00:04 AM
I've never liked that quest, just for the fact that roy is more evil than tenpenny, but that is somehow considered to be the good path. Tenpenny locked the ghouls out, sure thats a little heartless, but he left them alone. Roy wants to kill everyone, even if they agree to allow the ghouls to stay there. I swear bethesda gets confused about in game morality sometimes.
I felt the same way about the pitt. Both choices were evil, just in different ways. Though somehow good and evil were attributed and off you go. Meh. Video games.
#7Tuoh(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2012 2:05:09 PM
I was on Ashur's side for the bit. I was going all chaotic evil and I started with Midea and the slave-leader guy in the Steelyard.
when I came back to kill Ashur and hus wife, I just couldn't do it.

Then I came to my senses, booby trapped the baby, which killed the wife, and left Ashur badly beaten but alive.
---
#8VidmorPosted 4/23/2012 5:26:20 PM
I feel like the implications of either path are somewhat harrowing. In siding with Ashur, you support a raider community and slave labor, but allow them to complete safe, controlled research on their daughter to obtain a cure. In siding with the slaves, you topple a raider community and free the slaves, but launch it into a perpetual hostage situation brought on by "safe" research into the cure.

Siding with Ashur is likely to ensure that the slaves are never freed and the cure may possibly never be distributed, despite what he claims. The slaves may not even be able to manage the Pitt as well as Ashur, and it could fall into chaos. The research into the cure in their makeshift laboratory involving the child of the man that enslaved them doesn't strike me as remaining humane for very long.

I do like the fact that this a truly difficult decision, but I feel as though the lack of multiple outcomes is unfortunate. I mean, stealing a baby or killing slaves isn't much of a choice.
#9KiraYamatoSFPosted 4/23/2012 8:22:21 PM
When I got to that point I was helping the slaves but once I knew I had to kidnap a baby I couldn't do it. I just spared Midea and whats-his-name in the steelyard though to avoid being evil, I am a good guy to let you know. I just hoped that Ashur keeps his word on freeing the slaves later on but I knew their would be trouble with what the Raiders think.
---
PSN: KiraYamatoStrike
Medics in Bad company 2 are the ****ing devils, yep I hate them that much.
#10squiggy9996999Posted 4/24/2012 7:02:31 AM
i guess there isn't much outcome because by that point you're going to leave soon anyways, since you've pretty much done everything in the pitt.