Bugs to watch for

#1BoojiePosted 4/21/2012 1:52:02 AM
I'm about to start up this game for the first time. I'm well aware that it's a buggy Bethesda game, so I'd rather avoid the bugs as much as possible.
Without spoiling drastically, what are some of the most common bugs that people often run into? Basically, what should I watch out for so I don't end up with a somewhat broken game?
#2TuohPosted 4/21/2012 10:18:16 AM
Do the game straight, instead of skipping areas. That'll dodge the GNR glitches.
Otherwise there's not much to look out for.
Real bugs you cant avoid.
---
"I hope you go to prison and someone spreads your cheeks. That's the only use for annoying people." -spanishbob
#3mkavanagh43Posted 4/21/2012 5:48:57 PM

I'll add to that last comment, for sake of keeping the game fluid and fun.

To avoid the GNR glitches he's talking about, just make sure to not talk to Doctor Li at Rivet City, before finishing up your quests with Three Dog at the GNR Building.

You can still go to Rivet City for whatever reason if you want to, but talking to Dr. Li will bump you up past previous quests, and start hers, which is part of the main story.

Other than that, don't be afraid to explore everywhere in the game world, and do any side quests at your leisure. The game goes much more smoothly that way.

#4TuohPosted 4/21/2012 8:51:34 PM(edited)
I might as well say that the biggest reason to go to Rivet City early, but NOT talk to Li, is to pick up the intelligence bobblehead.

that + 9 intelligence in the beginning = more Stat points.

Addendum: yes, you can explore anywhere, but do NOT go too deeply into Vault 112.
It contains massive spoilers and you will effectively skip half the game once you enter the pods it contains.

Just follow the main storyline until you're told to go there. Otherwise steer clear.
---
"I hope you go to prison and someone spreads your cheeks. That's the only use for annoying people." -spanishbob
#5Boojie(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2012 12:27:25 AM
Thanks!
#6ranma_kunPosted 4/23/2012 10:34:39 AM
whats with the GNR bug, i took the gnr quest, got to underworld by mistake, did a few quest, went to rivet city, including talking to doctor li, went back to complete the gnr quest, and nothing went wrong.
---
"Search your feelings squall, I am your father"~laguna
"NO!!!"~Squall
#7TuohPosted 4/23/2012 2:06:15 PM
Mostly its that the Fatman corpse wont be there. Its only sometimes that you get locked out of GNR.
---