Is The Pitt Worth It?

#113500zPosted 7/4/2012 12:06:47 AM(edited)
The Pitt has some awesome weapons. Metal Blaster, 3x as good as a tri-laser. 9 beams! Looks like a laser shotgun. Perforator, very accurate silenced assault rifle.

Also looking for the 100 steel ingots was fun.
#12cymanxPosted 7/8/2012 12:51:12 PM
Some of my favorite weapons in all of Fallout 3 came from the Pitt.

The Man Opener for instance...
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#13Sin JackalPosted 7/9/2012 11:00:44 PM
The Pitt is better than Point Lookout imo.

Point lookout is kind of boring and incredibly overrated by this board's common dwellers. Meanwhile, The Pitt's story is interesting, it's item rewards are much better, and it's atmosphere is more memorable too.

Point Lookout has one interesting quest (the mansion one), and the only rewards in Point Lookout that are remotely good, are only good because they're glitched (the two +5 damage perks).

If I'm choosing to play a DLC for the story, The Pitt is second to Broken Steel.

If I'm choosing one for items, I'm picking The Pitt or Zeta (terrible story though)

If I'm choosing for something that feels very immersive, again, The Pitt wins there even over Broken Steel (imo).

Best combo of everything: The Pitt (second to Broken Steel, because of level cap increase)

Point Lookout is only "good" because of the two bugged perks. Most of Point Lookout's "expansive area" is basically just more wasteland with next to nothing in it. It only has a handful of points of interest, and most of those are very small caves/shacks. After it was trumped up so hard by people on here, I was incredibly disappointed in Point Lookout after I played it.

The Pitt is good. It really feels like a stand alone area with plenty of rewards and new things in it. It's worth playing. Much moreso than Anchorage (worst DLC by far), Zeta (good for the items though), and Point Lookout (massively overrated).

Having played them all, I would take Broken Steel and The Pitt if I could only keep two of the DLC I got.
#14cymanxPosted 7/11/2012 4:42:23 AM
Sin Jackal posted...
The Pitt is better than Point Lookout imo.

Point lookout is kind of boring and incredibly overrated by this board's common dwellers. Meanwhile, The Pitt's story is interesting, it's item rewards are much better, and it's atmosphere is more memorable too.

Point Lookout has one interesting quest (the mansion one), and the only rewards in Point Lookout that are remotely good, are only good because they're glitched (the two +5 damage perks).

If I'm choosing to play a DLC for the story, The Pitt is second to Broken Steel.

If I'm choosing one for items, I'm picking The Pitt or Zeta (terrible story though)

If I'm choosing for something that feels very immersive, again, The Pitt wins there even over Broken Steel (imo).

Best combo of everything: The Pitt (second to Broken Steel, because of level cap increase)

Point Lookout is only "good" because of the two bugged perks. Most of Point Lookout's "expansive area" is basically just more wasteland with next to nothing in it. It only has a handful of points of interest, and most of those are very small caves/shacks. After it was trumped up so hard by people on here, I was incredibly disappointed in Point Lookout after I played it.

The Pitt is good. It really feels like a stand alone area with plenty of rewards and new things in it. It's worth playing. Much moreso than Anchorage (worst DLC by far), Zeta (good for the items though), and Point Lookout (massively overrated).

Having played them all, I would take Broken Steel and The Pitt if I could only keep two of the DLC I got.

I honestly considered point lookout to be a new experience in FO3 DLC. It wasn't just a blatent weapons mod, it had story to it. I am ofcourse talking about mothership zeta... I liked PL more then MZ anyday of the week. The alien weapons didn't seem as impressive once you got them off the ship.
---
Maybe if we talk to the television, and know everything there is to know about football, that our favorite team will make it to the super bowl...
#15Sin JackalPosted 7/12/2012 11:05:09 PM
cymanx posted...
I honestly considered point lookout to be a new experience in FO3 DLC. It wasn't just a blatent weapons mod, it had story to it. I am ofcourse talking about mothership zeta... I liked PL more then MZ anyday of the week. The alien weapons didn't seem as impressive once you got them off the ship.

PL is a new experience. It just isn't a good one outside of the mansion mission at the beginning.

And yeah, it's not a blatant weapons mod, because it pretty much doesn't have any decent new items in it besides redundant crap that there were already better versions of in the game or other DLCs.

I also didn't say Zeta was a good DLC. It just has good items. The weapons are good off the ship too. Did you get the MPLX Novasurge? It's arguably the best weapon in the game. 80 damage, fires very quickly, strong criticals, uses cheap and common ammo. The samurai armor is also nice. Only item in the game that boosts melee damage.

But just as I say Zeta's just good for it's items, PL is just good for it's two bugged perks. The rest of it is very forgettable and doesn't even power up your character any. Honestly, if you don't get those two perks, the whole DLC seems like a big waste of time.

The Pitt on the other hand, has both lots of good items, and an interesting story. I felt most fufilled after playing The Pitt than I was playing any other DLC for FO3.