secret vault?

#1cymanxPosted 8/13/2010 9:30:02 PM
Heard from somewhere that there's a secret vault unmarked on the map. Wondering if anyone could confirm this. Thanks.
---
Well....okay. As long as we don't make eye contact it should be fine.
#2WandrianPosted 8/13/2010 9:47:21 PM
Technically, there are two "secret" vaults.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
S
P
A
C
E

S
O

L
O
O
K

A
W
A
Y
!

Vault 87: It's only accessible via Little Lamplight and never before you advance the main quest. Although you *CAN* add it to your fast travel options, the main door is non-functional as well as concealed with the highest radiation levels in the game(3000 rads/second). Even at the game's limit of 85% rad resistance, you still need to have RadAway hotkeyed and taking doses 2-3 times a second to reach the main door alive. Attempting to reach Vault 87's main door with a Medicine skill below 80 is probably a very very bad idea, as Rad-X won't boost your rad resistance as much(+75% at 100 Medicine) and RadAway won't remove the full 150 rads per dose...

Vault 112: Concealed under Smith Casey's Garage, you can access it whenever you wish. I suggest letting the story guide you there instead, though. If you don't follow the story in the "proper" order you'll screw yourself out of the Scientific Pursuits achievement like I did with my first character :(
---
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/blueice/Wandrian%20Wvlf.jpg
#3cymanx(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2010 5:46:17 AM
i was referring to a vault not on the map. I hear it's in the south western corner of the world.

---
Well....okay. As long as we don't make eye contact it should be fine.
#4ArchBishopofHHPosted 8/14/2010 5:51:11 AM
hmm not to my knowlege. I'm pretty sure I've been to all of them and none of them have been secret. just marked on my map.
---
~Arch Bishop of Hip-Hop
"Keep a cool hand at the tiller" ~John McCain, October 7, 2008
#5scottrand05Posted 8/14/2010 7:57:59 AM
I hear it's in the south western corner of the world.

You heard wrong. There are only 6 vaults on the map, even though 7 are listed on the Vault Tec computer. I'm assuming the seventh is somewhere off the map, but nearby. This is for story purposes only, and it is not in the game.
#6PaladinGallowsPosted 8/14/2010 9:19:57 AM
A far as I can tell there are 7 vaults in Fallout 3.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vaults
#7scottrand05Posted 8/14/2010 9:29:28 AM
A far as I can tell there are 7 vaults in Fallout 3.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Vaults

Vault74 doesn't count:
"Vault 74 is a Vault that the Bethesda Softworks developers made for the official G.E.C.K. tutorials and it does not appear nor is mentioned anywhere else. Given that, the location is likely non-canon. This means that This Vault can't be found in any console versions of Fallout 3, only PC. "
Nor does the "demo" in the Museum of Technology. Vault 76 is the one mentioned but not in the game.
#8SyditePosted 8/14/2010 11:00:02 AM

You know, there are secret "vaults" in the game. The thing is, some people get these confused with the Fallout Shelter Vaults (like Vault 101). That's what sucks about the name "Vault"; it's misleading. I know of two. There is the Hamilton's Hideaway "vault" (it was mentioned as a secret vault of weapons somewhere, IDK where.) And there was the "reward vault" in Point Lookout, which was a tiny room no larger than a small walk-in closet. (It's the room where you get the Microwave Emitter.)