Ian West???

#1Queen_AlfinaPosted 1/5/2011 3:12:26 PM
So, I've made it to where I found Ian's parents dead, but now theres no map marker and I've talked to everyone and no one knows where I can find Ian, where do I go to find him?
---
In the place where the leaves dance, the fire burns. The shadow of the fire shines on the village. Once again, new leaves sprout.
#2xXxTigerxYxPosted 1/5/2011 3:24:23 PM
there is a metro station where the highway ends if you were traveling towards his house and it leads to the family where he is located. This might seem confusing to understand, i need to see the map for a better look.
#3Queen_Alfina(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2011 4:03:42 PM
I think I get it, I'll try it later and see if I can find it.
One more thing, I've seen a lot of posts about this quest and I know if you do it wrong you can end up making the people hate you, so should I kill the family before I talk to Ian?
---
In the place where the leaves dance, the fire burns. The shadow of the fire shines on the village. Once again, new leaves sprout.
#4scottrand05Posted 1/5/2011 5:42:58 PM
If you kill the family, you fail the quest.
#5Queen_Alfina(Topic Creator)Posted 1/5/2011 6:55:10 PM
Okay, so I just talk to Ian and avoid the family?
---
#6xXxTigerxYxPosted 1/6/2011 6:17:18 PM
I killed the family and i still was able to finish it,i just found out where he was held and went there
#7scottrand05Posted 1/6/2011 6:52:48 PM
I was wrong about killing the family (or really, just not detailed enough). If you kill the family after talking to Ian but before talking to Vance, you fail the quest. But really, there is no reason to kill or avoid the family, as there is no advantage to it 9and a slight disadvantage as you lose a merchant and the ability to use bloodpacks)(
#8sir_fangPosted 1/6/2011 8:59:01 PM
i wouldnt realy be to worried about the bloodpacks perk. honestly if you play properly and get the perks that have senergy effects. such as building on each other, you should have an endless supply of stim packs. by the time i was done the game with all the dlc installed i had well over 200 stim packs on me and another 150 in my storage.
---
gamertag - purepsychopath
#9MisterPengyPosted 1/6/2011 9:25:41 PM
You can get the "training" that boosts the healing of bloodpacks, and then kill the Family, after completing the quest.
---
Cool? Hmmmm, I guess that's just how I am. Sorry.
-Vincent Valentine
#10scottrand05Posted 1/6/2011 10:30:07 PM
Yes, that's why I said SLIGHT disadvantage; and that still doesn't address the merchant disadvantage (which is also slight. The point is, there is no real reason to kill them as it gives you no advantage at all. The TC was just concerned with failing the quest, and it really is hard to do despite what he has heard.