Very First Computer Hack/Password...

#1PercySJPosted 10/28/2008 12:07:01 AM
Perhaps I read the turtorial wrong or I'm just this stupid, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to hack the computer terminals!? I'm at the very first computer in the Overseers office and can't figure out the password despite it saying "Very Easy".

What am I doing wrong? There are a crap load of characters on the screen...how do you
know what to choose?? I'm sure I'm gonna feel dumb once y'all tell me how to do it!?
---
XBL: Tenacious Steve / PSN: Formula409
I'm currently killing Sackboys with my Plasma Cutter while searching for the Jackal in post apocolyptic D.C.!
#2Shadowlight5Posted 10/28/2008 12:08:18 AM
Check the lockers next to the screen, password should be in there
#3swampwrathPosted 10/28/2008 12:09:55 AM
You pick out the word parts. Like it will say "Live" "Give" "List" and whatnot amongst all the random characters and one of them is the correct password. When you pick one it tells you how many letters you have wrong/right and you just go by that.
#4ninja_pandaPosted 10/28/2008 12:14:40 AM
if you wanna do the boring way
scroll through the jargon (the <,>,?,!,[,] and whatnot) and you'll come across some combinations that will eliminate some duds as well as refill your retries
#5poopybritchesPosted 10/28/2008 12:16:49 AM
It's basically mastermind.

Look carefully and you will see words in there. Pick one and it will give you a number correct.
This number is how many letters are in the correct spot. The best way to start is to pick two passwords with the same suffix (for example, touching and munching). If they both have three or more correct, it has _ing at the end, and if they don't it doesn't. There's usually about 2 more words than tries (you get four), so it's not too hard. If you don't feel confident, you can back out and start over after three tries.
---
Oh boy! I can't wait to bomb some dodongos!
#6BlOoDyDeAtH360Posted 10/28/2008 1:33:24 AM
the password is "Thievs" (spelling?) its towards the bottom, I had 1 try left and for some reason chose that and I got exp for it and got into the computer lol diddnt even know you could find the password out in a locker, was just luck on my part.
#7Evan_ArrrrPosted 10/28/2008 2:11:01 AM
If you get the password from the locker, apparently it's different from hacking the terminal. Huh.
---
GT: Evan ARRRR
Currently Playing: Fallout 3
#8gemasis_sydawnPosted 10/28/2008 2:17:05 AM
Yes, it changes.....

---
The hand vs eye - Latest video walkthroughs / cutscenes / Gameplay - MGS4, Haze, NG2, DMC4, KOF Combos, GTA IV and more - http://www.thehandvseye.com