I can't find The Family (Blood Ties) *SPOILERS*

#1BrotherKurt22Posted 10/31/2008 7:05:04 AM
Okay, I found the West family dead in Arefu (my medical report said they were drained of blood and had wounds on their throats) and the sheriff told me to find Ian and clear out The Family. The problem is that I've gone to each of the possible locations on my map and found nothing. Nada. Zilch.

Seneca Station: I found a ghoul who wants me to bring him cereal to make super-jet.

Hideaway: I went through a big twisty maze and found some scorpions, some roaches, and a single raider with an assault rifle.

Drive-in theater: I found two super mutants armed with Gatling guns and nothing else.

Some baseball diamond: I found absolutely NOTHING at this location, but I explored a little to the east and ran into two incredibly weak raiders who attacked me with .32 hunting rifles.

So, what's the deal? Did I somehow miss The Family and/or Ian at one of the locations, am I supposed to go somewhere else, did I hit a glitch, or what?

~Kurt
---
"I didn't want to say this before, but maybe we aren't seeing Heaven because one of us is a J-O-O." -Eric Cartman
#2StochasticLifePosted 10/31/2008 7:06:36 AM
There's a secret passage in the Ghoul's room at the station, it has radioactive barrells on top of the manhole.

---
XBox Live: Nrust / PSN: StochasticLife
http://literategamer.blogspot.com/
#3BrotherKurt22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 7:14:48 AM
Thank you kindly. That was the first place I looked since "The Family" are clearly vampires and a subway station seems obvious, but I didn't go in the radiation room because I figured it was just a random hazard.

~Kurt
---
"I didn't want to say this before, but maybe we aren't seeing Heaven because one of us is a J-O-O." -Eric Cartman
#4StochasticLifePosted 10/31/2008 7:16:25 AM
Yeah, my pesky self-preservation instinct was getting in the way of my ability to complete the quest as well.

Gotta think outside the erm....container full of radioactive waste? Or Whatever.
---
XBox Live: Nrust / PSN: StochasticLife
http://literategamer.blogspot.com/
#5BrotherKurt22(Topic Creator)Posted 10/31/2008 9:29:50 AM
Hmm, I hate to have to post again, but I *still* can't find The Family. I went to Seneca Station, went down in the tunnel, killed two mirelurks, disarmed a huge amount of mines, bear traps, etc., and I found two exits leading to the "Miresti (sp?) Service Tunnel" that brought me out to an empty train yard. Still no Family or Ian. Maybe I missed a path down in the tunnel, but I thought I searched everywhere.

Can someone tell me exactly where to go once I'm in the tunnel and how to find the Family and/or Ian? I really want to finish this quest up, 'cause I've been working it since early this morning.

~Kurt
---
#6tyrant7424Posted 10/31/2008 9:31:50 AM
In the subway corridor just past the place you meet the first family member, you will see a subway car that you can go around to find another passage that elads to the actual lair.
#7JayLJohnstonPosted 10/31/2008 9:32:37 AM
Go back in the tunnel....follow the icon on the compass....I had the same problem....you have to backtrack just a bit and bear off to the right...watch out for tripwires...there's also a combat shotgun back there.....What level are you? I'm just level 2-3 and I didn't come across so many bad guys like you've seen.....I'm wondering if your level might have something to do with it...
#8FrohikePosted 10/31/2008 9:33:48 AM
Thanks, tyrant. Didn't know about the passage by the subway car... Can't wait to go kill some vampires tonight.
#9MISTERCAPONEPosted 10/31/2008 9:34:16 AM
after you go past the ghoul room with barrels.
go thru the tunnel with the crab people things
now when your back to something that resembles a subway the rails split. going left and forward, follow the rails to the left to find a member of the family there.
#10Special-EddPosted 10/31/2008 9:34:39 AM
i couldn't complete that quest, as soon as the ghoul came out of the door i said "GAH! ZOMBIE!!!," and then blew his face off with a sawed off shotgun.