Alien Ship crash help (spoilers)

#1groverfettPosted 11/3/2008 8:18:45 AM
I'm not sure but I think that exploding alien ship encounter happened to me. There was a part where I heard a big explosion but had no idea why. I just kept going. It happened just outside of Minefield so I wrote it off as some mines exploding. Being that I have not investigated the site since then, will this encounter happen again somewhere else? Do I have to go back to where I think it happened and search instead? I read that when you are close to it, there is a distress signal that you hear on your radio, can anyone confirm?
---
"Hey donkey, you live in a barn? What's that all about? Say hi to your mother for me me, alright?" Andy Samberg as Mark Walhberg
#2Gmoney-Posted 11/3/2008 8:23:55 AM
Everyone has been saying it happened to them north of the minefield, I assume it's always there.

Im actually going back to look now but it's been weeks in game so hopefully its still there.
I too seen a trail of smoke in the sky but couldn't locate the source.
---
Vidi well, little brotha, Vidi well.
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357
#3viperlordxxPosted 11/3/2008 8:29:02 AM
It is not a random encounter. If you go on your map, count 12 squares from left to right, and three squares down. You'll start picking up a radio signal, and it's behind a destroyed house.
---
Oh, make no mistake. It's not revenge he's after. It's a reckoning.
#4groverfett(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2008 8:30:34 AM
Ahhh, i didn't notice a smoke trail. I'll have to look for that.
---
"Hey donkey, you live in a barn? What's that all about? Say hi to your mother for me me, alright?" Andy Samberg as Mark Walhberg
#5DarkOctaviusPosted 11/3/2008 8:33:06 AM
is this an easter egg?
---
"I love you Steve! I love you Mike! I love you Steve! I wish you the best!"
#6cardicianPosted 11/3/2008 8:39:21 AM
No, but that's different. I believe there is also a random encounter that can happen where an alien ship explodes above you, seperate from the crashed ship found north of megaton.

However, I hear explosions all the time and if you look its normally a car blowing up nearby for some random reason. Sometimes if you get to that area quickly you'll see NPCs fighting each other which is often the cause of it.
#7BassGsSpDeluxePosted 11/3/2008 8:43:28 AM
Wow people are misinformed...

Ok, here is how it REALLY is

There are 2 ways of getting the Alien Blaster/Firelance AB

1: Static Encounter: There is an actual downed ship north of minefield (plenty of threads tell you how to get there quite well). It has the basic Alien Blaster, comes with 110 shots if you pick up all the ammo there

2: Random Wasteland Encounters: Every now and again you will hear a rather large boom coming from above, and look up to see a smoke trail (I barely caught a glimpse of the leading edge of it once), somewhere in the general area of that, some ammo for the Alien Blaster will have dropped, as well as the Firelance Alien Blaster if you are lucky.
---
Waiting on: Too Human 2 & 3, Mass Effect 2 & 3, Borderlands
#8groverfett(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2008 8:48:53 AM
so are there 2 aline blasters? A regular one and the Firelance? I only know about the Firelance obtained by the random encounter.
---