Tenpenny Tower - Mr Ling help *Spoilers*

#1Baz0manPosted 11/4/2008 7:34:46 AM
I'm trying to be good and convince everyone to allow the Ghouls to live there and I've managed to do everyone apart from Mr Ling. I've lost the ability to convince him using "SPEECH" so now everytime I ask him he just says no.

I am only left with killing him but whenever I do so the guards all attack me. I've tried going into his room at night but still once I come out everyone attacks me.

Any solutions? I do know that everyone dies eventually anyway but I'd prefer to do the quest this way.
---
Heck, the entire Internet peaked in 2001, it's all been downhill since then. - Canada Champ (PWB)
#2cardicianPosted 11/4/2008 7:36:26 AM
Well then you probably should have restored and tried the speech challenge until you succeeded. As it is, you're up the creek buddy.
#3Baz0man(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2008 7:38:33 AM
Hmm I thought you could kill someone silently and still get the same affect. Ah well, thanks anyway.
---
Heck, the entire Internet peaked in 2001, it's all been downhill since then. - Canada Champ (PWB)
#4cardicianPosted 11/4/2008 7:40:33 AM
You should be able to, but certain areas seem to make it impossible. I guess Tenpenny is one of them. Kill someone even if you're invisible and everyone still knows. Sucks I know, but you are out of luck I'm afraid.
#5TaikutsunaPosted 11/4/2008 7:44:07 AM
talk to the generic NPCs as well... "Tenpenny tower resident" if you get enough of them on your side it will sway the arrogant tenants desision.
#6cardicianPosted 11/4/2008 7:46:17 AM
I really don't believe ^ that's true. I could be wrong, but I think that would be mentioned in the guide among other places.