List of random encounters, add more

#1Jaymon1o1Posted 11/6/2008 2:15:45 AM

I recently found out that the first time i ever visited vault 106 a different random encounter would be there so i saved and repeated finding the place and thought id share what i found

Random named npc: An npc with a name will be sitting he wants purified water, has fairly average equips, only lvl 4 dont know if they get better

Giant radscorpion and 2 wastelanders: exactly what that says, wastelanders are fighting it

Dead wastelander and deathclaw: The deathclaw has about 1/3 of its health there is a deathclaw schematic on the wastelanders body.

Giant worker ant, 2 small ants; exactly what it says

1 ant and a dead wastelander: random stuff on the guy

Dead wastelander, dead dogs: The body has a key and a note saying sorry for taking something, the key opens something in a bus the location is in the note, havent checked it

Hitman: 3 hitman who attack you on sight

Scavenger and robot: a guy who asks you to fix his robot

Flaming barrel, 2 ghouls: 2 ghouls sitting around the fire, gives you location of underworld

scavenger and pet bear thing: the have found a damaged enclave robot if you touch it they attack

: 3 soldiers depending on if you exploded megaton up or not

Raider brawl: 5 raiders surround a raider wearing no armor pushing him back and forth, the 5 attack you the other usually dies in the fight

Regular scavenger: just sitting next to a flaming barrel

Group of moles and dead watselander: exactly what it says

Group of wastelanders: when you talk to them they tell you about oasis then attack you

#2Terry-bogardPosted 11/6/2008 2:24:01 AM
I love how the game deliver you some "wtf!" moments.
I was wandering around looking for new locations then a wastelander came running to me , I draw out my gun , and the guy come talk to me and didn't even finished his sentence , he exploded.

I never knew what the heck happenned. lol
---
Fighting games' "tier lists" were created to reassure whining losers.
LEARN TO FIGHT !!!
#3TJsAdairPosted 11/6/2008 2:25:26 AM
Hey probally had a "grenade" in his pants and he was gonna ask you to get it out before he "Exploded" o.o
---
"I don't think my mum would be that happy if I got off the lounge and began jabbing her laptop with my genitals." -RepKid44
#4Jaymon1o1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2008 2:26:12 AM
yeah thats another one ive encountered, i didnt see it at the vault though
#5Jaymon1o1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2008 2:57:18 AM

bump

#6Dark_WizdomPosted 11/6/2008 3:07:15 AM
The first time I arrived at super duper mart, there was a fight between 2 wastelanders, and an enclave bot vs. 2 raiders.
Once I hit level 8 with good karma, I went to drop off Sugar bombs at the station, coming out I was ambushed by 3 hitmans + a robot.
I was being followed by a giant ant, met a caravan and he killed it.
#7Sellus GraviusPosted 11/6/2008 3:11:34 AM
Dunno if this is random, but one time i went into a half destroyed church looking building, and a wastelander came running in from the back being chased by a raider... he stepped on a trip wire and got blown to bits by a rigged shotgun.

Come to think of it, i think that was a child, but then again if it was i doubt i would have been able to witness him blowing up.
---
Poopsock
#8DeadlySmurfPosted 11/6/2008 3:25:13 AM
When first emerged from the vault I explored a nearby farm house. When I got there a guy ran up to me and said
"give me all your money!"
I responded with
"But you're not even armed!"
and he said"
"You can't blame a guy for trying"
then he ran off
---
Some people are like slinkys, not at all useful but you can't help but smile when you push them down the stairs.
#9count_hamsteinPosted 11/6/2008 3:39:05 AM
i had like 10 hitmen (actualy more like 6, but i didnt count) attack me at super-duper mart, with all the cars there, all i had to do was shoot one and it caused a chain reaction which killed most of them, excpet for like 3 or 4 which i then picked off on my own...and i got some great stuff cause i was like lvl 4. oh, and this little kid was running around during the fight somehow dodgeing all the bullets.

i havent had any other random encounters probably cause i woulnt know that they are random encounters
---
I have a radio in my car!
#10TripleHumbuckerPosted 11/6/2008 4:03:12 AM
When first emerged from the vault I explored a nearby farm house. When I got there a guy ran up to me and said
"give me all your money!"
I responded with
"But you're not even armed!"
and he said"
"You can't blame a guy for trying"
then he ran off

That is too funny...