What is the worst perk?

#1EsbonPosted 11/7/2008 9:35:44 AM
There's the oldie but a goodie(err badie?) Swift Learner! 10% faster is great unless you remember that 20 is a the level cap. Following that up I should also mention Here and Now.

Rad Resistance is another stinker. Why anyone would waste a perk on 20% rad resistance, given the abundance of rad resistance apparel and rad-x is beyond me. Heck you just go to a doc and get you radiation healed for a 100 caps.

Level 12 has 2 worthless perks, Cannibal and Life Giver! Cannibal sounds cool until you realize that you only get 10 health and you you have to sit though a longish animation every time. Just splurge on the damn stimpack or get the much much much much much much better perk Fast Metabolism. Can you tell I picked Cannibal? You do get a interesting response in Andale but not interesting enough.

Life Giver. 30 more hp. nuff said.

Contract Killer and Lawbringer. You get 10 caps for each kill. I can't imagine anyone is having money issues at level 14. There are a lot better ways to making money that 10 caps a kill.

You'd think there would be no more bad perks at Level 18 but then Computer Whiz and Infiltrator prove you wrong. First of all I never force hack/pick. Heck if you punch out of a computer and log in back in you get 4 more guesses. You can hack faster by just guessing 3 times and then retrying. Retry and failed Force pick? What do you think the save/load feature is for.

There you have it the worst perks in Fallout 3!!!!
#2DarkOctaviusPosted 11/7/2008 9:37:18 AM
entomologist maybe, since bugs arent a problem later. Though im happy they put that in the game, since im an entomology grad student..
---
"I love you Steve! I love you Mike! I love you Steve! I wish you the best!"
#3EvkPosted 11/7/2008 9:37:32 AM
Swift Learner and Here and Now are total wastes, agreed. Rad Resistance is also pretty useless, since you can heal yourself of all your radiation for free once you get the doctor kit for your house. The rest of these are at least slightly useful, so I'd have to place them above these three.
---
Gamer Tag: Evk
(escapes in helicopter)
#4kaos_theoryPosted 11/7/2008 9:39:02 AM
I took life giver - just one more attack before I have to use my meds
---
just when you thought the shadows were safe
#5DarkOctaviusPosted 11/7/2008 9:39:03 AM
maybe the one where all the locations appear on the map, since you can look online.
---
"I love you Steve! I love you Mike! I love you Steve! I wish you the best!"
#6Esbon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 9:40:15 AM
I was just listing them in in level order not necessarily worstest.
#7taymdr256Posted 11/7/2008 9:41:42 AM
Lead Belly is definitely a contender. wow a whole 2 or 3 less rads from drinking water.
#8HatchetHoundPosted 11/7/2008 9:46:45 AM
I also picked Cannibal. I think I did it for the role-playing factor, since it was my first character and I just wanted to enjoy the experience.

I also picked Lawbringer, because I thought it'd yield more than 5 caps a finger.

Next character though...Perk points shall not be wasted.

---
It is just too much. Seriously, its like Michael Clarke Duncan with boobs...
- Sup3rNo7a on Fable II's Heroine with max Physique
#9KanonKrossPosted 11/7/2008 9:49:02 AM
In a game mechanics point of view, bloody mess is also pointless, because 5% extra damage would only stack when when it comes to bottlecap mines or fat men... in which they are almost always 1-shot anyways. There won't be any reduction of needed hits from +5%

I also find nerd rage to be a bit useless because I never aim for being under 20% health... because when I get that close, another shot could usually kill me if they are doing that much damage. I wouldn't be in that range enough or even close without healing myself for it to be worth it.
---
Haseo: Ovaaaaaaaan! Ovan: You don't have to scream so loud. I'm right here. Haseo: That's my line. SKEIIIIIITH! Ovan: *face palms* GT: KanonKross
#10BibboliciousPosted 11/7/2008 9:50:56 AM
Anything that made you level faster is useless, especially Here and Now.