My Combat Build (aka Ninja Sniper)

#1MirrogaPosted 11/7/2008 10:46:43 AM

I have been doing a lot of skimming through infos about SPECIALS, Skills, Perks, Bobbleheads, and other FAQs of Fallout 3, and have thought of my favorite build. I just want to share it, and want some opinions about it.

Starting SPECIALS:

Strength - 6

Perception - 5

Endurance - 5

Charisma - 1

Intelligence - 9

Agility - 7

Luck - 7

Tags:

- Lockpick

- Repair

- Small Guns

Info: First of all, my build will be what i call a "skill-points whore." The more skill point bonuses i get, the better. So intelligence starts at 9 (it'll become 10 once i get bobblehead-intel from rivet city which i'll be doing even before i become lvl 3). Agility are just for the extra V.A.T.S points, plus small guns and sneak will help early. Luck, oh boy, luck will get you anywhere in this game. I suggest you don't put it below 7 since it gives a fair amount of bonus to all skills, as well as the delicious crits. 1 remaining point goes to strength since weight and melee damage helps when fighting close.

About the tags, an early high lockpick will beof great help to get those extra ammos and goodies (sooner or later, i'll put it to 50 to open lucas simm's house to get bobblehead - strength).The repair skills are about the most required in this game. And because i have a low barter, i use repair to stack low conditioned-common guns i get from killing and make them of high value. This repair WILL be the only way you can get rich with such low barter. And also small guns will help along the way in such an early game

Perks:

2 - Intense Training (1)

3 - Intense Training (2)

4 - Educated (don't forget, this build is a "skill-point whore)

5 - Intense Training (3)

6 - Toughness (Endurance 5)

7 - Lead Belly (Endurance 5)

8 - Intense Training (4)

9 - Intense Training (5)

10 - Intense Training (6)

11 - Finesse

12 - Sniper (Agi 6, Perception 6) or Silent Running (Agi 6, Sneak 50)

13 - Intense Training (7)

14 - Adamantium Skeleton

15 - Intense Training (8)

16 - Better Criticals (Perception 6, Luck 6)

17 - Intense Training (9)

18 - Concentrated Fire (Small Guns 60, Energy Weapons 60)

19 - Intense Training (10)

20 - Ninja (Melee Weapons 80, Sneak 80)

Info: The perks chosen will use intensive training ten times to get better SPECIALS, as well as because there are no other good perks for me to choose other than the given. Educated will give me 3 more skill points per level along with my INT at 10. Toughness, Lead Belly, and Adamantium Plating will give much more resistance to the character which is a must. Finesse and Better Criticals are of course, for better crits along with luck. You don't know how much crit helps in the game. And with the bonus it gives along with sneaking attacks, you can 1 hit super mutants at the right level. Concentrated Fire OR/AND Sniper will help in overall adding percentage to hit rate. Silent Running is a bonus if Concentrated Fire is enough to give hit rate bonuses. Last but not the least, Ninja will give a very high sneaking stat as well as extra bonus on crit. Also hitting an enemy while hidden will give a 100% crit.

Overall, the build here is all about melee damage, criticals, and giving enough hit-rate to snipe from afar.

The final SPECIAL stat is: (considering i get all SPECIAL Bobbleheads)

Strength - 6 -> 10 (w/ bobblehead and 3 intensive trainings) (why high? NINJA!)

Perception - 5 -> 7 (w/ bobblehead and 1 intensive training) (perception beyond 7 is useless)

Endurance - 5 -> 8 (w/ bobblehead and 2 intensive trainings) (the remaining intensive training goes to resistance)

Charisma - 1

Intelligence - 9 -> 10 (w/ bobblehead)

Agility - 7 -> 10 (w/ bobblehead and 2 intensive trainings) (why high? NINJA!)

Luck - 7 -> 10 (w/ bobblehead and 2 intensive trainings) (why high? delicious CRITICALS!)

Info: After much studying, charisma is useless for the combat builder, so much that i will not even care in getting its bobblehead. Intel is self-explanatory. Strength, Agi, and Luck have bonuses in which you can NEVER obtain from skill points which is why i chose them to be MAXXED out. Strength gives higher melee bonus damage in which melee weapon skills only increase effectivity. Agility not only highens sneak and small guns, but also VATS points cap. Luck gives something no skill point can give, and thats +5 skill points to all skills in 10, and also delicious Criticals)

The only thing i can tell you about skills is that you will have enough of it to go around, but some are necessary:

Barter (not needed, unless you'd rather have this than explosives, be my guest.)

Big Guns (not needed to even be high nor increased since you can never spam big guns, and guns like fat boy doesn't even need to be accurately aimed to kill)

Energy Weapons - 60 (at least sixty for concentrated fire. Oh, and with 60 points of energy weapons along with very high luck, i'll doubt you'll even miss that much)

Explosives (i give this guy my remaining skill points since it gives off something no skill can ever give, and thats higher damage the higher explosives skill is)

Lockpick - 75/100 (like science, this guy only works in factors of 25, and looking at other topics, i suggest you go for 75 rather than full)

Medicine (don't even bother raising it up. The bobblehead early on as well as the already given high stats of medicine with an Intelligence of 10, its already enough of a bonus that stimpacks can heal +51 per pot)

Melee Weapons - 80 (required for ninja)

Repair - 75-100 (i suggest you go only for 75 since 75% of repair already makes any repairs up to 80-90% condition)

Science - 35-75 (also by reading other topics, lockpick is better than this since you don't get as many bonuses as lockpicking, and i'm not a fan of hacking)

Small Guns - 60 (same comment as energy weapons)

Sneak - 80 (required for ninja, BACKSTAB FTW!)

Speech (don't bother if you're a combat build, and as less practical as barter in many ways of a combat build)

Unarmed (don't bother since your melee weapons can kill better)

Note: I suggest you not let any skill go farther than 80, unless you plan to get skill books which i will never do, OR if its the explosives skill which i will go up to 90 along with its bobblehead. Also, bobbleheads are easier to find. Othr than the required skills, you can go crazy with the others since you still have plenty of skill points left.

I welcome comments and suggestions. I do not tolerate flagging or badmouthing.

#2Mirroga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 4:38:05 PM

*bump*

i know there's no such thing as the "best build" or "wrong build," but I gotta ask. did i do anything wrong or unnecessary with the planning on the build? Kinda want to know if there's some skills which doesn't mix.

#3ABWA_ChunsaPosted 11/7/2008 4:39:40 PM
It really doesn't matter what build you go in this game, even on Very Hard unless you are fighting Deathclaws you will blowing through the game if you have the Lincoln's Repeater or a Sniper Rifle.
---
aB: We do laundry. The money kind.
#4PipBoy2kPosted 11/7/2008 4:41:04 PM
To be honest I skimmed through it but you have a spot where you pick either Sniper or Silent Running

Both are awesome, I would suggest make room for both
---
O_q
#5Mirroga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 4:44:24 PM

thanks. in that part, i am kinda hard to think what to do. Would concentrated fire be overkill along with sniper? Or is it just a dream?

Vise versa, I love that i can have still be unseen while runing. Maybe i can remove 1 intensive training that goes to endurance.

#6darkninja16Posted 11/7/2008 4:47:10 PM
Concentrated Fire OR/AND Sniper will help in overall adding percentage to hit rate. Silent Running is a bonus if Concentrated Fire is enough to give hit rate bonuses.

^concentrated fire DOESNT raise accuracy, it increases damage to limbs by 5% with every hit on that limb, so GET SNIPER FOR HADSHOTS!!
---
I. AM. BECOME. DEATH. THE. DESTROYER. OF. WORLDS.
GT:gaaraofthesand6
#7Mirroga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 4:51:58 PM

I thought that concentrated fire gives higher hit rate on a specific limb the more it is hit.

I'll take your word for it. Going to remove 1 intensive training (endurance) to put all those 3 skills there.

#8PipBoy2kPosted 11/7/2008 4:53:08 PM

Mirroga (#005)

thanks. in that part, i am kinda hard to think what to do. Would concentrated fire be overkill along with sniper? Or is it just a dream?

Vise versa, I love that i can have still be unseen while runing. Maybe i can remove 1 intensive training that goes to endurance.

After skimming again I would say pick up Commando as well, with Commando + Sniper + Wired Reflexes (quest related perk, boosts all accuracy) you will never need Concentrated Fire.

Your sneak attack headshot will kill almost anything in your way and your hit % will always be 95 anyway.
---
O_q
#9Mirroga(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 5:03:17 PM

PipBoy2k posted...

Mirroga (#005)

After skimming again I would say pick up Commando as well, with Commando + Sniper + Wired Reflexes (quest related perk, boosts all accuracy) you will never need Concentrated Fire.

Your sneak attack headshot will kill almost anything in your way and your hit % will always be 95 anyway.
---
O_q

Nice. With concentrated fire gone, i can remove skill points from small guns. Or should i still remain it at 60, if not using laser sniper? So this build is better if i help Zimmer rather than getthe weapon from the android?

#10PipBoy2kPosted 11/7/2008 5:23:00 PM
The big complaint I have about the Energy weapons is that none of them have scopes on them :(

You can actually claim both rewards in the Replicated Man quest:
SPOILERS

Tell the android the truth and say you wont rat him out, agree to kill Zimmer for him, tell Zimmer who the android is and then blow his head off with your new rifle :)
---
O_q