The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

You can kill everyone in Megaton without the nuke *spoiler?*

#1TheOmegaEnigmaPosted 11/7/2008 8:43:44 PM
Just go into a shop (a good start would be Craterside) and make sure that you KNOW that you can kill everyone without them trying to run outside. If you can keep them inside, you can kill all of them without the entire town attacking you when you leave. Some people may or may not jump in from outside. If you become overrun, pick up any weapon that you can find and stand your ground (you might have to lower the difficulty for this). If you keep doing this, eventually all the shops will be cleared and you can have everything that the shopkeepers had. Once you done this (and if a lot of "gung-ho" idiots aren't outside) just take everyone that's left out the old-fashioned way since you can't get seriously overrun now. Before you know it, Megaton will be a lifeless ghost town, and you'll have enough caps and equipment that will help you fly through a good portion of the game.
---
Stupidity is unbeatable, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue fighting it.
#2C0mboBreakerPosted 11/7/2008 8:45:18 PM
Or you can let them walk into the radiation water next to the bomb and die.

That happens a lot.
#3rawkussPosted 11/7/2008 8:47:27 PM
So your alternate solution to killing everyone without setting off the nuke is to shoot them all. You really expected that people... couldn't come to this conclusion on their own?
#4cybienPosted 11/7/2008 8:49:33 PM
Yeah, something tells me there will still be two survivers...
---
Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy.
XBox Live GT: SeraphDestiny
#5PikabluuPosted 11/7/2008 8:50:40 PM

you can pretty much massacre the town once you get a Rock-It Launcher.

a Simple can and close up action will literally blow off heads in a single blow. If your going to be a bad guy just keep going into town and repeating this until you kill everyone in sight (Those Megaton Settlers respawn there right?)

#6TheOmegaEnigma(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2008 8:51:15 PM
So your alternate solution to killing everyone without setting off the nuke is to shoot them all. You really expected that people... couldn't come to this conclusion on their own?

That is a really black and white mindset. If you just walk into Megaton and decide to shoot everyone without going into the shops, YOU WILL DIE. There is just no way that you can overcome20+ people that are all shooting at you. The only way out of being overrun is by doing the task in a shop.
---
Stupidity is unbeatable, but that doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue fighting it.
#7cybienPosted 11/7/2008 8:53:34 PM
With the way that city is layed out, its pretty easy to take them all out on the outside. Just don't stand in on the ground level in the middle of the city. I wiped it clean last night from the platform my house is on. Just lure them to you and they go down easy.
---
Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy.
XBox Live GT: SeraphDestiny
#8GrimbaronPosted 11/7/2008 8:54:18 PM
lol yall dont know its all about ol' painless, its a hunting rifle thats epic, u can get it from the safe in the republic of dave, message me for more info
#9rawkussPosted 11/7/2008 8:54:43 PM
After I finished all of Moira Brown's quest I decided to blow off some steam by killing her, I then preceded outside and wiped out the whole town with very little effort. This is on normal with a Chinese Assault Rifle at level 10... no, it's not black or white. Killing everyone in Megaton is as simple as shooting them all... you just provided unnecessary instructions.
#10JustinTheJaggedPosted 11/7/2008 8:54:54 PM
I like killing Megaton. Their bullets tickle.
---
"Knowing is half the battle, the other half is VIOLENCE."