Robotics Expert - Worth it?

#1paladinknight09Posted 11/12/2008 10:00:31 PM
Is getting Robotics Expert worth it in the long run? Is the extra damage to robots that necessary or beneficial? Or do you even ever run into that many robots later on? Thanks.
#2VillainousPosted 11/12/2008 10:02:23 PM
I'm not sure what else is unlocked at that level, as I have the memory of a goldfish, but I wouldn't suggest it.

Pick something that permanently increases a skill or increases damage done in general, to all enemies.

You'll encounter humanoids and monsters far more often than robots, plus all of the robots (Except maybe Sentrybots.) are complete pushovers.
#3Overd0sPosted 11/12/2008 10:02:27 PM
i nearly got it, but i might still get it as i keep running into a lot of sentry bots, mister gutsys and a couple of brain bots as i go towards raven rock

sorry if i got any of those names wrong, as i havent been able to play my game for a few days now
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ -Red |||||||||||||| -Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Blue
*GT: SIX19 Playaz*
#4xXJade_DragonxXPosted 11/12/2008 10:03:52 PM
Maybe, Mister Gutsby and Sentries can be a pain to face, if you have no other perk you rather use, go for it, its your game, be unique I say.
---
Out of the darkness... Brighter than a Thousand Suns...
#5blue_devil_99Posted 11/12/2008 10:05:14 PM
Not really. Robots are a pain when you fight them but they aren't that prevalent, and they become a lot easier once you have energy weapons. The real benefit of the perk IMO is the sneak/shutdown aspect, which is nice when you're encountering them solo indoors but lousy when you're encountering them as a part of patrols or set fights (as you do later in the game) and it's hard to sneak up on them without their friends noticing you. That, and it's a waste to deactivate a sentry bot when you could sneak behind him and nail his combat inhibitor!
#6MirrogaPosted 11/12/2008 10:11:30 PM

Overd0s posted...
i nearly got it, but i might still get it as i keep running into a lot of sentry bots, mister gutsys and a couple of brain bots as i go towards raven rock

sorry if i got any of those names wrong, as i havent been able to play my game for a few days now
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ -Red |||||||||||||| -Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Blue
*GT: SIX19 Playaz*

If you plan on increasing your sneak very high as well as getting silent running, THEN you MIGHT have a chance to use it nicely. Why pick a skill which requires being not seen, while i can do that and get a 1 shot sneak crit snipe instead. Oh well, If its more for fun, I can let it pass. I cannot see this skill as a necessity.

#7VillainousPosted 11/12/2008 10:13:02 PM
Missile Launchers and grenades make short work of Sentry Bots, for the record. Even with a very low Big Guns/Explosives skill.
#8pariah23Posted 11/12/2008 10:17:07 PM
15 and 19 are pretty much "do whatever you want" levels even if you're trying to min/max as much as possible.

I went with Robotics Expert on all my characters (melee, unarmed, and small guns/energy weapons). Didn't regret it at all, as the only other choices at the level were mediocre or just-for-RP-flavor stuff like Mysterious Stranger, Cannibal, Concentrated Fire, or another Intense Training I didn't really need.
#9VillainousPosted 11/12/2008 10:18:47 PM
15 and 19 are pretty much "do whatever you want" levels even if you're trying to min/max as much as possible.

I went with Robotics Expert on all my characters (melee, unarmed, and small guns/energy weapons). Didn't regret it at all, as the only other choices at the level were mediocre or just-for-RP-flavor stuff like Mysterious Stranger, Cannibal, Concentrated Fire, or another Intense Training I didn't really need.

There are plenty of Perks from previous levels that are more useful that could be selected. It's not like you have to pick one from the new tier when you unlock it.

I find a lot of the late level perks pretty useless.
#10RhaskPosted 11/12/2008 10:20:32 PM
This is probably one of the most useless options in the game.
---
XBL: Drakus Rhask