Alistair Tenpenny (SPOILERS)

#1CharKnightPosted 11/18/2008 7:30:04 AM
--is dead?

But wait - I didn't kill him.

I went the non-violent route for the Ghoul Tenpanny Tower mission.
I convinced all the Ghoul-haters to leave and got Tenpenny's permission to let the Ghouls in.
Then I went back to Roy (the Ghoul) told him he can move in - all was right in the world.
When I left the metro tunnels, I received a message that I had completed the 'Kill Alistair Tenpenny' Quest for Mr. Crowley.

What gives? Is this a glitch? Did Roy kill him?

Anybody have this happen to them as well?
#2Solusx2Posted 11/18/2008 7:31:17 AM
An "accident" occured, Roy was invovled. Tenpenny is dead.
#3deathbysnusnuPosted 11/18/2008 7:32:44 AM
lets just say those nice ghouls you let in are actually smelly rotten doitch bags
---
Sometimes you just have to put on a chicken suit, look at yourself in the mirror and ask: Would i chase me? I'd chase me; I'd chase me hard!
#4Chibi_personPosted 11/18/2008 7:33:53 AM
Its not really nonviolent, Roy says he's going to kill Tenpenny anyway
---
"Hitting a green button is not the same as finding out what to do with the g string while fingering a minor." GH3 DGS SCORE- 475 (67 100%'s)
#5CharKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2008 7:34:10 AM
Really? That sucks!
After all I did vouching for that brain-eating SOB...

You sure? He was behind me in the tunnels, don't see how he got to the tower so quickly.
But I guess as soon as I left the tunnel it triggered him killing Tenpenny?
#6CharKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2008 7:35:30 AM
Hmm, when did he say that he was going to kill him anyway?
must have missed that...

Is there any non-violent approach to this mission?
#7deathbysnusnuPosted 11/18/2008 7:36:17 AM
whats worse though is that he kills EVERYBODY

even "Dashing" herbert; the one cool guy in that entire tower

i was actually sad when i found his corpse: *sob* say hello to argile for me *sniff* *sniff*
---
Sometimes you just have to put on a chicken suit, look at yourself in the mirror and ask: Would i chase me? I'd chase me; I'd chase me hard!
#8Fireborn_LigerPosted 11/18/2008 7:38:33 AM
If you don't end that mission with the ghouls dead, everyone in the tower dies.

Including Dashwood... which can cheat you out of a capmine scheme if you didn't get it from him before hand. (As their bodies do not exist... they say they do, but they don't... Even a line about a 'nice pile of bodies' if you talk to Roy afterward...)
#9deathbysnusnuPosted 11/18/2008 7:40:18 AM
i found hte bodies but i couldnt loot them, they were in the basement to the left as you enter tenpenny tower

but i've heard enough people say they couldnt find them to believe that they may just glitch out from time to time
---
#10rockyoumonkeysPosted 11/18/2008 7:40:38 AM
yeah, this happened to me as well.

i thought that letting the ghouls in peacefully would be all fine and well, and then i discover Tenpenny's dead.

---
Now Reading: Snow Crash, Neal Stephenson