Worth going evil to get Clover?

#1MookeylamaPosted 11/24/2008 5:09:47 PM
i was like Ranger of the Wastes or something after Megaton. pretty darn good.. no innocent kills. my character is a female and i was excited to finally NOT stare at a males back throughout a game... that is until i saw the animations. W. T. F.! haven't seen animations that bad since the Genesis. that blew any chance of having my character in 3rd person.
so i wanted someone to put this sexy Raider armor on. hear about Clover and 1st i'm told i don't have to be evil, just gotta do a couple evil things to get her. nope gotta be evil to even get the dialog options from Jones. so go kill a few Megaton settlers and Clover's mine. now i feel guilty and the animations still suck on her lol. so thinking of skipping her and getting Charon and Dog, then later maybe Fawkes depending on if i can bring myself to "fire" Dog.

Is Clover that good of a follower?
---
How many fanboys does it take to change a lightbulb?
Ten. One to screw it in and nine to argue about how the old one was so much better.
#2ImaFirinMaLazerPosted 11/24/2008 5:10:53 PM
What? Did you just say the animations suck?

Blasphemy!
---
Number of screamers i've been hit by: 2
#3elite9804Posted 11/24/2008 5:11:04 PM
not really
---
gt King Kardak400
#4hauntbotPosted 11/24/2008 5:13:43 PM
shes' aight.

its basically: Fawkes>Charon>everyone else>dogmeat.

some people will argue the fawkes/charon thing, but really....charon cant solo behemoths. end of argument.

so no, if you're otherwise good, its not really worth going out of your way to become evil just for dat ho.
---
R.I.P. Bastard Poetry's cat - ?/?/??~12/31/07
At least he was tasty; and I'm still not sorry for eating him.
#5Xeon_Is_BackPosted 11/24/2008 5:20:59 PM
The developers want you to be good, by making the best NPC you can get good.
---
Currently Playing:Fallout 3, Gears of War 1
http://www.creepygif.com/images/full/137.gif
#6jw01702Posted 11/24/2008 5:23:00 PM
I would say it is worth it, and then grab dogmeat too. Make both of them stay home, so you can come home to your wife and dog, its what I do :)
#7Mookeylama(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2008 5:24:40 PM
lol^^!! now that's an idea!
---
How many fanboys does it take to change a lightbulb?
Ten. One to screw it in and nine to argue about how the old one was so much better.
#8hauntbotPosted 11/24/2008 5:32:11 PM
The developers want you to be good, by making the best NPC you can get good.

srsly.

all evil gets is tons upon tons of free loot through out the entire game! while good characters get the massive benefit of the (slightly) best follower at the end of the main storyline!!??

WTF is up with that!!??
---
R.I.P. Bastard Poetry's cat - ?/?/??~12/31/07
At least he was tasty; and I'm still not sorry for eating him.
#9MegatokyoEdPosted 11/24/2008 5:58:47 PM
It's not like you NEED Fawke's unless you completely suck balls. Charon + all the free and extra loot being evil gives you >>>>> Fawke's.
---
Demyx is better than Axel.
#10TamaNeko77Posted 11/24/2008 6:20:13 PM
Yep, if only for getting the only attractive follower chick in the game. And you don't have to remain evil forever, just start your game by telling Butch to call Amata fat, which makes your karma evil, then when you're about to escape let the vault guards get killed to take the armor and loot everything in the vault. When you level up, boost your barter up to 40. Then head to Silver's house, convince her you're there to collect the 400 caps. Now head straight to Paradise Falls, sell your loot to the arms dealer there, and you should get Clover for only 500 caps.
---
BAN LIFE
STOP DEATH