Fawkes is the worst follower in the game.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Fawkes is the worst follower in the game.

User Info: GeneralKenobi85

GeneralKenobi85
8 years ago#1
I've only had three people follow me around in total so far, and Fawkes was the last one I got. Sure, he is nearly invincible and kills everything in a few seconds, but he makes stupid mistakes.

Dogmeat met his death from a Deathclaw that I did not react fast enough to. But Fawkes could have killed it or would have at least warned me. But after I kill the Deathclaw I look across the map and see Fawkes just standing there stupidly. His carelessness resulted in Dogmeat's death.

Fawkes did make up for it by blowing up a vertibird and a bunch of cars with his gatling laser and it is funny to watch him run.

It was then that I went to Old Olney to find the prototype medic power armor. I searched around in the sewers and could not find it. I went outside of the sewers for some reason then went back in to look some more. Fawkes didn't follow me in. I assumed that he would be back eventually. I continued to look and there was nothing. So, I save and quit to go look online for the armor's location. Turns out that the body with the armor did not even show up in my game and I had just wasted time.When I load up my game again, a message popped up that was very unexpected.

"Fawkes has died" showed up on the screen. It was the only save I had, so Fawkes was gone permenantly. I went outside of the sewer and saw his body there. I then killed the one Deathclaw nearby that must have been the killer.

Two followers killed by Deathclaws because of a stupid Super mutant. Uncle Leo would have been better I think.
Koopa: You're about to face the best of Bowser's most elite troops, so prepare yourselves.
Mario: *breaks barrel* *sees Goomba*

User Info: thespecialK45

thespecialK45
8 years ago#2
Uncle Leo would be better by a longshot
Well we're not American, yet, until we pass that dumb test. That test a *****~ATHF

User Info: plo617

plo617
8 years ago#3
Real men travel alone.

User Info: TheGreenRobin

TheGreenRobin
8 years ago#4
Looking for a 500 topic i see.
"I don't care if you're Darth Jesus. Does that make sense to anyone?"

User Info: plyr_hatr

plyr_hatr
8 years ago#5
hes not lookin for a 500 topic........he just wanted to share his stupidity in not having multiple saves

User Info: Mutedfaithwi60

Mutedfaithwi60
8 years ago#6
"Two followers killed by Deathclaws because I was careless and stupid enough to not have a backup save."

Fixed.

GeneralKenobi85
8 years ago#7
I kept multiple saves in Oblivion, but I never did for this for some reason.

And I am not looking for a 500 topic. And Fawkes obviously isn't the worst follower.
Koopa: You're about to face the best of Bowser's most elite troops, so prepare yourselves.

User Info: littlestein

littlestein
8 years ago#8
Ok, dude, i have like 600+ saves prolly right now, and the fact you only had 1 save is just sad man.. I mean cmon! Plus, is it even POSSIBLE for Fawkes to die? I shot him in the head like 20+ times with a sawed off shotgun and his health didn't budge.
(Cortana)"Chief, that was OUR SHIP!...(Chief) aw man, theres gonna be a paycut, isn't there?

User Info: l33t_h4x

l33t_h4x
8 years ago#9
Well, since everyone and their mother says Fawkes is a female, I'll refer to Fawkes as a "she".

Like I said the other day, Fawkes died on me because she always decides to go around small cliffs/fences instead of just jumping off to the ground/jumping over them like I do. The other day I was waiting for her but it was taking forever for her to get to me after jumping off a 10 foot cliff so I left. A few minutes later I get "Fawkes has died." I didn't know where or how she died, but I thought "Oh well." Since it's been a while since I saved there was no way I'm reloading. I later discovered her body laying face down right next to a Sentry Bot, so I killed the bot.

I guess the Sentry Bot slaughtered her.

GeneralKenobi85
8 years ago#10
I could have avoided Dogmeat's death by reloading, but I decided not to. And I though that Fawkes was pretty much invincible also, but I was wrong.

And I have nearly 1700 saves in total. I only have one save file though.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 3
  3. Fawkes is the worst follower in the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived