Which quests can raise your SPECIAL? (spoilers)

#1LordDraconPosted 8/1/2009 5:43:52 PM
Hi,

I was wondering, which quests can raise your SPECIAL stats? I know about the ANT quest, which can raise Strength or Perception, but are there any other ones?

Thank you in advance for any help. :-)
#2QuanticePosted 8/1/2009 5:48:42 PM
At the end of the quest Those! you can boost your perception or strength stat.
#3XxXAllenXxXPosted 8/1/2009 5:49:20 PM
If you want to know here is EVERYTHING you need to know about Fallout,
Well not everything but....Ahhh never mind you get the point:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_quests
#4QuanticePosted 8/1/2009 5:51:32 PM
Err, sorry.

When you level up, you can take the perk Intense Training to increase one of your SPECIAL stats. Or you can collect the bobble heads for SPECIAL stat increases.
#5Rock The House 777Posted 8/1/2009 6:05:34 PM
If you do Big Trouble in Big Town and keep Red alive, and revive Timebomb, you can get the lucky 8-ball, which is as good as a SPECIAL boost. I'm not sure about any others.

And the trouble with fallout wiki is that it's a pain to search around for things like this.
---
"This topic is about pee in a jar." - Lemonade_Eyes
#6LordDracon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2009 6:51:00 PM
Rock The House 777, thanks for the answer. And I agree, its a pain to look around the wiki for this sort of thing, that's kind of the reason why I posted this on a forum. I figured there was bound to be someone that would have found this thing out by now. :-)

Also everyone else, I appreciate your input. :-)

*SPOILERS*

The reason I'm looking for quests that raise your SPECIAL is because of my next character, it's going to take the "Almost Perfect" perk of Broken Steel and thus I want to save all of the SPECIAL bobbleheads for when I have got that perk. However any quest bonuses I get are pretty much welcome. :-)

And about this lucky eightball, am I to understand correctly that I could just go and get the Luck Bobblehead and still be able to get my Luck capped through the eightball?

Thanks in advance.
#7salmonking51Posted 8/1/2009 6:53:48 PM

Yes, the 8-ball does not count as a bonus, it is considered an actual boost as long as it remains in oyur inventory. I'm not sure about perks though.

#8LordDracon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2009 6:55:16 PM
Well I suppose if I just make sure I have removed the 8 ball from my inventory before taking the perk I should have no problems. :-) Everyone, thank you for all the help.
#9GoddessGirlPosted 8/1/2009 6:56:21 PM
Yes, you could do that. Ggrab either one before the Almost Perfect perk, & leave the other until after.
---
Should I play: Lost Planet Extreme Condition, Disgaea 3, Overlord Raising Hell, Assasin's Creed, Siren Blood Curse, The Orange Box, or Valkyria Chronicles?
#10LeftOfCenterPosted 8/1/2009 6:56:43 PM
Only Those quest at Grayditch is a permanent stat boost.

And about this lucky eightball, am I to understand correctly that I could just go and get the Luck Bobblehead and still be able to get my Luck capped through the eightball?

You could but why do it that way? Just get the 8-ball and before you take almost perfect, make sure you drop it from your inventory, because of a glitch. Then go get the luck bobblehead for a permanent 10 in luck. Then you don't have to carry the 8-ball around anymore.
---
Remember, remember, the fifth of November