I can't activate Trouble on the homefront?! there's a weird glitch!

#1mtjormitchPosted 8/12/2009 2:01:14 PM
I did waters of life and everything, I just went to megaton, no radio signal so I went inside the cave of vault 101, I get it, but when I click it, it says that the radio transmission is gone, but it's still there. does anyone know how to fix this.

I also have all DLC, so is like... MZ doing this? or what?
---
"Come'on Butthead, give them a chance." "They shouldn't give anyone a chance to suck." From Beavis and Butthead
#2mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 2:06:10 PM
Bump, please someone help me out... I still can't get the damn mission to activate.
---
"Come'on Butthead, give them a chance." "They shouldn't give anyone a chance to suck." From Beavis and Butthead
#3kingcodebraPosted 8/12/2009 2:06:36 PM
You went to Megaton right after? If you did I don't know what's up, but if you didn't you may have missed it. If you take too long the quest disappears.
---
Kill all humans!
#4itwizzPosted 8/12/2009 2:07:21 PM
Trouble on the Homefront is a time limited quest so if you didn't start it within a few in-game hours of receiving the Signal then your screwed.
---
Only post a question once you've read the walkthroughs and looked in the relevant forums as that's where you'll find the answers.
#5mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 2:10:44 PM
that doesn't make sense!? on another save I played for 20 hours after Waters of life and didn't get the mission mainly because I was exploring, even did broken steel, then I went to megaton and I was still able to get the mission!?

I checked another play through save, and the same problem with the radio, exept that I had already listened to it and got the mission. WTH?
---
#6mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 2:16:58 PM
bump, should I delete all my saves and start yet again, stupid glitches, has Beth made any new patches yet?
---
#7mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 2:20:42 PM
Come'on someone help me out! I just want to play the damn game without all these stupid as hell glitches, please help me out here.
---
#8Soccerelite08Posted 8/12/2009 2:24:08 PM
If you have the Pitt DLC, then go to the pitt then come back. that fixed the glitch for me.
---
True Love is always free...
#9mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2009 2:55:37 PM
You kick ass! it worked! thank you very much!
---
#10AgentSergeiPosted 8/12/2009 2:58:49 PM
Bro, its not something to fret over unless you wanted to use Vault 101 as a house...

Try to reload Pre-Waters of Life, it sucks I know but this is recently known to work.. Unfortunately it may leave you prone to the WOL glitch of where your *SPOILERS*

Dad and Colonel Autumn don't appear in the purifier.
---
A mind troubled by doubt cannot focus on the course to victory. - Arthur Golden
I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education. - Wilson Mizner