Is Puppies! even worth it?

#1DarthRLinkPosted 10/11/2009 11:46:18 PM
Since Dogmeat is almost invincible with BS installed, is it even worth it?
---
"How's your wife?" "Not to good she's in bed with Laryngitis"
"Is that Argonian bastard back in town again?"
#2FrogEyezPosted 10/11/2009 11:47:40 PM
Its worth it if you want to get more then 1 follower (at a time) using the Dogmeat/Puppies! Glitch.

---
"DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM." - Liberty Prime
#3DarthRLink(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2009 11:48:16 PM
and if not?
I tried before with the glitch and it didn't work
---
"How's your wife?" "Not to good she's in bed with Laryngitis"
"Is that Argonian bastard back in town again?"
#4FrogEyezPosted 10/11/2009 11:49:50 PM
Besides the 'Follower Glitch' (which if done correctly, fully works) the Puppies Perk is pretty much useless (because Dogmeat is practically invincible).

---
"DEATH IS A PREFERABLE ALTERNATIVE TO COMMUNISM." - Liberty Prime
#5FelixDrakePosted 10/12/2009 2:54:23 AM
Only if you intend to go pyro with the experimental MIRV and have him survive twice as many truckloads of ordinance. Really not worth it to make him twice as tough as nearly invincible. Now if he did twice as much damage, or drew more aggro or ... something... but as it stands, don't bother.
#6SheogoradPosted 10/12/2009 5:27:39 AM
i usely pick it up, around 26 you shoude have any perk that's worth any thing. plus i like the picture :D
---
If you can tell me what my name is from ill give you a cookie :D
started 8/19/09 Cookies given:8
#7GateCaptainPosted 10/12/2009 8:25:30 AM
NOPE. followers are useless .
---
GT: Lastgateguard
Achievement points :45900 [WOW name]: Aveliia 80 Hunter [Server]:Garrosh http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garrosh&n=Aveliia
#8Chii_chobits101Posted 10/12/2009 8:35:31 AM
I don't know why, but the AI they tacked into the puppies is horrible...

Sometimes they will randomly walk away and not come back for days.

And when you tell them to look for something they either never come back or stop moving.
(I even dropped a gun in front of him and asked him to find me a weapon. He just ran away.)

There's no real point to getting it if you're a powerhouse build similar to one of my characters, but for RPG elements, and for focused builds, it's useful.

---
Now playing: Halo 3:ODST; World of Warcraft; Far Cry 2; Guitar Hero 5 [GH>RB Period.]