I seem to remember a rumor about parking meters

#1Spoosoo12Posted 6/2/2010 7:57:14 PM
I think it was about a year ago there was a topic on this board which said that if you find and activate all parking meters in the game you get some super-mega-secret somethingorother. I completely dismissed and forgot about it until the other day when I found a group of parking meters while wandering around. So I figured what the hell, what could it hurt to go ahead and activate any parking meter I come across, just in case. Anyway, does anyone else remember this? If so, anyone know was this ever confirmed or denied?
---
America, where a child molesters death will be followed by months of live TV specials, and a rock god's death will go unnoticed.
#2Slaps_godPosted 6/2/2010 8:32:11 PM
I have never heard of that.

Interesting idea, but in my opinion if it were true people would be talking about it.
---
Gt = WildMN34
Currently playing: Fallout 3, Red Dead Redemption, MW 2
#3Spoosoo12(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2010 9:32:12 PM
You're probably right. Like I said I always figured it was a bunch of bs, but what's the harm in checking.
---
America, where a child molesters death will be followed by months of live TV specials, and a rock god's death will go unnoticed.
#4SczoydPosted 6/2/2010 9:36:25 PM
Nothing in the GameFAQs cheat section about it, and the Wikia
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Parking_meter
just says they do nothing.

---
WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT WoT
#5gokugohangotenPosted 6/3/2010 7:55:00 AM
That was from the good old days of this board...
---
Sergeant Haron: Our scanners are picking up false readings. They seem to think you're ah, dead.
Shepard: I'm getting that everywhere. It's a pain in the ass!
#6Band_of_DemonsPosted 6/3/2010 8:25:53 AM
I remember reading something about someone having done it, but, if I recall, it was just some guy giving himself a random challenge. Would have been a good idea for an achievement, as opposed to having them handed out for finishing quests.
---
Devil went down to Georgia, He was looking for a soul to steal...
#7Sonictoast123Posted 6/3/2010 8:52:34 AM
Achievement Unlock: Putting your life in park
---
-I know what your sig is and you know what mine is STRANGE ISN'T IT?
#8Spoosoo12(Topic Creator)Posted 6/3/2010 11:20:14 AM
Agreed about an achievement. Would be a hell of a lot less pointless than the vault 101 citizenship award.
---