Most useful perks?

#1gna647Posted 1/14/2011 2:04:28 PM
I put 3 points in the Thief perk cause I just like stealth

but Idk what else to invest in. What are the most useful perks?
---
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lef46fqbbj1qah3fqo1_400.jpg
#2GrimKusanagiPosted 1/14/2011 2:08:22 PM
Educated
Gunslinger
Commando
Finesse
Sniper
Strongback

Just to name a few.

---
Current Playing: Obscure: The Aftermath and Legend of Dragoon
#3scottrand05Posted 1/14/2011 2:14:28 PM
I put 3 points in the Thief perk cause I just like stealth

You just wasted three perks to get 5 points of stealth per perk that you could have done with a single level of simply adding points to stealth. Heck, Silent Running, a level 12 perk, gives you +10 points and is more useful as well.
#4veggee57Posted 1/14/2011 3:39:04 PM
Almost any perk that gives you certain points towards skill stats are bad perks because you can just raise your skill stats on your own. The offers may be tempting but it hurts you in the long run.
---
@@ .-`* *^`-..,-^^``^-.,,
..\ c===*`--.,.-^`^-.,.---[*=Is this what they call an addiction?=*] `-,
#5SentanaPosted 1/14/2011 6:24:36 PM
Also there's Cyborg, Toughness, Entomologist, Finesse, Robotics Expert, Light Step, Action Boy/Girl, Better Criticals, Grim Reaper's Sprint. And some of the quest perks are worth it, ie Superior Defender, Ghoul Ecology, Xenotech Expert, etc.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 1/14/2011 7:26:44 PM
Grim Reaper at level 20 is a near must.
---
"I don't know, it's an impossible choice...I just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me."
#7mdealassfaultPosted 1/15/2011 12:30:37 AM
I've found Child at Heart to be useful for a few things.
---
I do a body good, too!*
*(Statement not approved by the FDA.)
#8MadcapunlimitedPosted 1/15/2011 6:47:40 AM
Intense Training is good-- any time you can get a permanent bonus to an attribute is a good thing (since they give you skill points plus other benefits). Some people feel that's a waste though I'm not among them.

Gun Nut is the only skill based perk (besides something like SIlent Running) I can see a point for-- if you wanted to just get your guns skill really high right at the beginning of the game (especially on a first run) that makes sense... the rest I'd avoid though.

Never liked Lady Killer, but when I played as a female & took it as Black Widow it was a really good perk (+10% against all males is a hell of a lot more useful than +10% on all females)

Most of the others suggested here are quite good. Some of them like Cannibalism, Night Person, Solar Powered are good for novelties-- they make a run through the game a bit more unique, but they aren't necessarily the best OR worst

---
---Madcap
#9FenoriellPosted 1/15/2011 7:34:46 AM

Madcapunlimited posted...
Intense Training is good-- any time you can get a permanent bonus to an attribute is a good thing (since they give you skill points plus other benefits). Some people feel that's a waste though I'm not among them.

This only applies if you don't have Broken Steel, if you do you have "Almost Perfect" that raises every S.P.E.C.I.A.L to 9, and then you just pick up the bobbleheads and you got perfect S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats. So picking IT is just throwing perks away.

I feel that Strong Back is the best perk in the game, I love it.

#10IronMonkey008Posted 1/15/2011 11:08:48 AM
This only applies if you don't have Broken Steel, if you do you have "Almost Perfect" that raises every S.P.E.C.I.A.L to 9, and then you just pick up the bobbleheads and you got perfect S.P.E.C.I.A.L stats. So picking IT is just throwing perks away.

But you don't get it until level 30 though, so the IT is very useful until then. Your picking IT (or whatever would have been there) as a throw away perk to begin with so it really doesn't matter. True you shouldn't pick it when there is something better but no reason not to when there isn't anything else your interested in.

Anyway I don't know if Scrounger was mentioned but I just picked it up recently and I like it a lot. It's nice to not really have to worry about ammo or constantly buying from vendors who might not have that much. I chose it over Strong Back at that level (after getting Commando first), but I did get Strong Back (which I think is really good as well) two levels later (in place of Mysterious Stranger which I didn't want). Having that extra space is really helpful when you want to start wearing the medium and heavier armors and having a few more weapons to play with, if not then having 100 (or high) repair and 200 carry from 5 strength was fine for me.

---
- My Games - http://backloggery.com/IronMonkey008
- My Books - http://www.goodreads.com/IronMonkey008