does anyone get this reference?

#1ZednarkPosted 6/14/2011 7:59:55 AM
in grayditch, there is a quest where you fight fire breathing, giant ants. it is called Those! incidentally, there was a 50's era low budget horror movie called Them! in which the protagonists try to kill off an army of giant ants. anyone else get this?
---
Peaceful Boron ship under attack!
never eat the mystery meat. in reality it is t-bone steak, and you don't want THAT!
#2David_Mills7Posted 6/14/2011 8:24:09 AM
I'm a huge horror movie nut. Them! falls in that category for me. I did notice that. =)

I wasn't 100% sure it was a reference. But I suppose it could be.
#3The Silver NoblePosted 6/14/2011 1:47:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it is. The exclamation point makes it.

I didn't get it at first, but the local pizza place I go to is decorated with dozens of B movie posters, and that happened to be one of them.
---
GT: TheSilverNoble
Every now and then, a man's mind is stretched by a new idea or sensation and never returns to its former dimensions. (Excuse the typos)
#4falloutboy420Posted 6/15/2011 10:18:31 AM
them was on tv the other day you watched it too didn't you.
#5Zednark(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2011 12:36:03 PM
no, i saw it years ago. i found it hilarious.
---
Peaceful Boron ship under attack!
never eat the mystery meat. in reality it is t-bone steak, and you don't want THAT!
#6Blitzing_WrathPosted 6/24/2011 5:46:16 PM
The Silver Noble posted...
I'm pretty sure it is. The exclamation point makes it.

I didn't get it at first, but the local pizza place I go to is decorated with dozens of B movie posters, and that happened to be one of them.

I wish I had a "local pizza place" to go to and hang out with friends.
---
GT: Blitzing Wrath --- Currently Playing: LA Noire, Dragon Age II, Duke Nukem Forever
Completed Games: 13 --- Gamerscore: (approx.) 36,000
#7candyappleredPosted 6/25/2011 7:55:05 PM
MST3K Watched that movie.
---
"You know they're all kids in Washington.. It's like Bugsy Malone but with real guns"
#8specialkid8Posted 6/26/2011 10:01:31 AM
I love that movie and the reference. It used to scare the crap out of my sister. So did The Birds.
#9stupac85Posted 6/27/2011 5:04:33 AM
I love that movie and the reference. It used to scare the crap out of my sister. So did The Birds.

I remember my parents making a big deal out of how scary those two movies were. When my sister and I watched them, we couldn't stop laughing the entire time. The scariness aspect simply doesn't translate to members of our generation who are used to the much more realistic special effects of more recent movies. The thing that I found the funniest actually had nothing to do with the visual effects at all. It was the sound effects of the main female character's car in The Birds. The car is a standard 4-door sedan and she was doing around 20-30 mph in one scene, but it had the sound effects of an Indy car doing well into the triple digits.
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 19
#10David_Mills7Posted 6/27/2011 6:59:27 AM
So what movie scared you the most?

Hostel kinda freaked me out a bit. Seemed like that kind of thing could really exist.