Evil things you absolutely refused to do as an Evil character? (Spoilers)

#1that1nuancePosted 11/8/2011 6:54:37 PM
What vile things could you, as an equally vile character, never wish to do in the Capital Wasteland?

For me, I couldn't bring myself to slaughter Amata and her crew during Trouble on the Homefront... Siding with the man who killed Jonas, and kill his only daughter and your childhood friend is a little too sick, in my opinion.
#2mkavanagh43Posted 11/8/2011 9:15:00 PM

I would never be able to hurt Gob. He's got such a good attitude for being stuck treated badly by jerks all day; one being his boss.

#3Crimson GrogPosted 11/9/2011 7:40:05 AM
Unleash the ghouls on Tenpenny Tower. Granted I don't particularly like the people living there, but I like them more than the ghouls. I also don't like the loss of merchants.
---
Are druids still bug? -happyscrub1
No Sum durids are bare, and sum durids r cat (which iz 4 fite); but no durids are bugz -ShadowEdgeX
#4DarkRealityXPosted 11/9/2011 2:53:10 PM

For me, I couldn't bring myself to slaughter Amata and her crew during Trouble on the Homefront... Siding with the man who killed Jonas, and kill his only daughter and your childhood friend is a little too sick, in my opinion.

So don't side with the man who killed Jonas. Kill that SOB during the escape. Side with Mack. Then kill the "childhood friend" who was always a tease and never put out. That's the evil way of looking at it. That you had this pretty girl at your side, and she scared off prospective girlfriends, but never gave it up, always c*** blocking you. And then, if you really wanna RP it up, pretend she winds up with... I forget his name... the black guy, he's kinda nice at the birthday party but he's still a jerk and I'm pretty sure he's a Tunnel Snake... Yeah. Real sour grapes for the Lone Wanderer.

I would never be able to hurt Gob. He's got such a good attitude for being stuck treated badly by jerks all day; one being his boss.

He's ugly and deserves to die.

Unleash the ghouls on Tenpenny Tower. Granted I don't particularly like the people living there, but I like them more than the ghouls. I also don't like the loss of merchants.

They're pretty and deserve to die.

RPing an evil character requires you to actually think like an evil character. If you can't do that, you're not going to have fun RPing an evil character.

The evil character only values himself, and those who have something to offer. If they don't, they're expendable. You don't have to murder everybody to be evil, either. Just be really selfish. You can be evil and sell scrap metal to what's his name, but you never give it for free. You're getting caps and XP. You can be evil and not blow up Megaton because of its resources -- best thing to do, IMO, is to delay "Power of the Atom" until you've done "Wasteland Survival Guide", recruited... Leo? The bad guy you can recruit... the STR bobblehead... and raided the armory. That's important.
---
--- GT: Dark Reality X; http://www.last.fm/user/DarkRealityX
--- http://myrockbandsongs.com/Dark_Reality_X/songs/
#5that1nuancePosted 11/9/2011 11:53:56 PM
DarkRealityX posted...
So don't side with the man who killed Jonas. Kill that SOB during the escape. Side with Mack. Then kill the "childhood friend" who was always a tease and never put out. That's the evil way of looking at it. That you had this pretty girl at your side, and she scared off prospective girlfriends, but never gave it up, always c*** blocking you. And then, if you really wanna RP it up, pretend she winds up with... I forget his name... the black guy, he's kinda nice at the birthday party but he's still a jerk and I'm pretty sure he's a Tunnel Snake... Yeah. Real sour grapes for the Lone Wanderer.

This was my particular dilemma at the time. To kill Amata's dad during the escape would mean I would have to had started another playthrough, and thus another character.

DarkRealityX posted...
RPing an evil character requires you to actually think like an evil character. If you can't do that, you're not going to have fun RPing an evil character.

The evil character only values himself, and those who have something to offer. If they don't, they're expendable. You don't have to murder everybody to be evil, either. Just be really selfish. You can be evil and sell scrap metal to what's his name, but you never give it for free. You're getting caps and XP. You can be evil and not blow up Megaton because of its resources -- best thing to do, IMO, is to delay "Power of the Atom" until you've done "Wasteland Survival Guide", recruited... Leo? The bad guy you can recruit... the STR bobblehead... and raided the armory. That's important.

When did this thread ask for RPing advice? Just asking what you refused to do as an evil character. That doesn't imply 'not having fun' as said character. This is all really subjective, but I don't really play a freezing-cold hearted character relative to being evil. A character that isn't limited to being selfish and out to get caps and XP cannot be evil? There's no guidelines.

I suppose you are a more hardcore role-player, but sometimes decisions also affect my own personal view of things; I understand what you are getting at here.
#6DarkRealityXPosted 11/10/2011 4:58:41 AM

I suppose you are a more hardcore role-player, but sometimes decisions also affect my own personal view of things; I understand what you are getting at here.

LOL, I'm actually not... I am an amateur writer, so maybe I am a hardcore role-player since I have to spend time in various characters' heads, and that's all I was getting at with my post. Sorry if I posted outside the scope of what you were looking for. Guess I kinda went off on a tangent, but it seemed relevant at the time. ;)
---
--- GT: Dark Reality X; http://www.last.fm/user/DarkRealityX
--- http://myrockbandsongs.com/Dark_Reality_X/songs/
#7mkavanagh43Posted 11/10/2011 9:00:23 AM

*lightning bolt!*

#8Joe57392Posted 11/21/2011 6:44:44 PM
When i tried to unleash the ghouls on Tempenny, I forgot i killed the leaders of the ghouls so I couldn't complete the mission..... oh and Tempenny fell :P hate those douches!
---
GT Xbox360- McLOVINR00LZ Steam I.D.-Joe57392
Just a guy who loves his video games!
#9EzeDoesItPosted 11/30/2011 12:34:19 AM
lol in my opinion releasing the ghouls on Tenpenny tower was the "good" choice
---
I think my signature is very cool. -EzeDoesIt
#10MattheauPosted 12/3/2011 4:06:01 AM
Blowing up Megaton. Overall, the rewards for not blowing up Megaton are better then blowing it up, so what's in it for me to help blow it up. I'll take the large conveniently placed house over the tiny inconveniently placed apartment any day.