Will using Modio for this game get you banned?

#21LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2012 11:45:28 PM
Really?!?!? So if say I changed a baseball into a tesla cannon and 20 hours later I stumble into say fort independence for example, I'll find a tesla cannon where a baseball should have been?
---
You Haven't Seen Anything Yet....
#22LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 12:36:28 AM
Im not so sure about what you said man, I changed a tin can i had in my inventory into a conductor just to verify what you said and tin cans lying around and in containers were still...tin cans....
---
#23Ace_McCloud_Posted 3/2/2012 1:03:28 AM
Items in containers that haven't been opened yet are changed. Sorry for the confusion, just trying to make a point about how swapping ids can get out of hand.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#24LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 11:08:35 AM(edited)
Ok so another question, say I change a.... bent tin can into Liberty Primes Laser, does that mean every time I open a fresh container that would normally contain a bent tin can I would see the liberty Laser? What about a milk bottle into the strangers .44 magnum and a basketball into Haley?
---
#25The_404sPosted 3/2/2012 11:40:12 AM
You guys are talking about save editing, right? How do I do that?
#26Ace_McCloud_Posted 3/2/2012 12:43:08 PM

Ok so another question, say I change a.... bent tin can into Liberty Primes Laser, does that mean every time I open a fresh container that would normally contain a bent tin can I would see the liberty Laser? What about a milk bottle into the strangers .44 magnum and a basketball into Haley?

Yep, that's how it works. I swapped ids with some item a while back and it resulted in a plentiful amount of skill books scattered across the wasteland. I haven't ran into any problems other than that, but I assume any other item will have the same consequence.
---
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
#27DARC_LegionsPosted 3/2/2012 1:05:02 PM
If you already have the save you want, using Modio is the simplest way. Don't use Modio 4 Beta if you can help it, I have a working link to Modio 3 available on my YouTube if you want to get it from there, version 3 is better. If you are worried about getting banned and want to be as safe as possible, make an offline dummy account and use Modio to transfer the save on to that account, not your real account, and disconnect from Xbox Live before you play. It's impossibile for them to track what saves you have played. That being said, I play online all the time while I'm a Level 34,500 character on Skyrim or Level 50 on Fallout 3, it even shows my friends what level I am, I've been doing it for years and I've never had a problem. M$ doesn't really care you mod on a single-player game imo.
---
Skyrim & Fallout 3 Fans who are done with the original games and looking for something new should check out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bethesdamodder
#28DARC_LegionsPosted 3/2/2012 1:26:38 PM
Also, about what you all were saying about swapping item id's, while I was testing for my Fallout 3 mod I attempted to make a version of the game where I swapped the item id's for all the types of ammo with useless items like pencils and empty syringes, then swapped all the guns with melee weapons. I swapped power armor and combat armor with regular type clothes like business suits and merc outfits. Finally I swapped stimpaks for .44 magnum rounds, and across the map then I hid several working weapons that used .44 ammo, and some rare explosives.

It made the game very different, kind of like a "real-life mode" where ammo is extremely rare, you mostly use melee weapons and there's not so much crazy stuff like power armor and energy weapons. I never finished making that save, but if anybody would be interested in seeing a mod like that one day pm me and let me know.
---
Skyrim & Fallout 3 Fans who are done with the original games and looking for something new should check out:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bethesdamodder
#29LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 3:48:28 PM
Yet another question! LOL!

When do you permanently lose your liberty prime weapons and Strangers .44 magnum? For instance, I heard that once The Enclave captures you and takes all your stuff, you lose it and cant get it back.
---
#30LiqiudusSnake(Topic Creator)Posted 3/2/2012 3:49:46 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]