If I put stuff in a box, will it stay there permanently?

#1ShadowRisaePosted 3/22/2012 11:11:21 PM
I am towards the beginning of the game and don't quite have the house in Megaton yet. I want to store stuff in this toolbox right outside the outcast outpost. It won't disappear if I leave it there for several days in-game time, will it?
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#2GrimKusanagiPosted 3/23/2012 5:22:46 AM
Few boxes are 100% secure. Best thing to do is make a separate save before you put the items in the box just to be safe.
---
Current Playing: Fallout 3
Always Playing: Fallout 3
#3RampagingwalrusPosted 3/23/2012 7:54:32 AM
In my experience, the only unsafe containers are the "metal box" type boxes.
Everything else, is safe.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#4GodotWasHerePosted 3/23/2012 8:43:42 AM
Rampagingwalrus posted...
In my experience, the only unsafe containers are the "metal box" type boxes.
Everything else, is safe.

No.

Only use containers which are in player homes if you want to be sure. Otherwise, you better come back to get your stuff within a couple of in-game days.
---
and House dude seems like hes gonna take over the world with his robot just like anyone would if they had robots. -skeledragon
#5Frasier_CranePosted 3/23/2012 10:38:14 AM
I used the vending machine in the super duper mart as a safe for dozens of hours and nothing happened. So maybe those are safe, but I'd recommend what other people said, find a container, and make sure to keep multiple save files to make sure all your stuff doesn't disappear.
---
Mo' buildings, mo' problems
#6ShadowRisae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2012 11:38:03 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I decided to go ahead and try this with stuff I'd *like* to keep, but if I lose it, it's not a huge deal. I wanted to do the Mothership Zeta DLC to gain a few levels so I can have enough skill points to disable the Megaton bomb and get the house. I'll check after the DLC to see if that stuff is still there.

I figure that spot that I chose should be fairly safe, since no enemies typically go there thanks to the Brotherhood of Steel protecting it. Unless the Brotherhood decides to raid the box since I didn't let them have ANYTHING after the Operation Anchorage DLC. Heh...
---
#7nyte_blaydePosted 3/24/2012 3:38:38 AM
Use the hollow rock behind megaton.
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
Currently Playing: Saints Row: The Third, Final Fantasy VIII, Fallout 3
#8The_Mighty_KELPPosted 3/24/2012 6:30:18 PM
From my experiences, nothing you put into any container ever disappears.
---
Jogurt attacks! Inflicts 1 point of damage on the Goblin. Goblin is defeated! Jogurt gains experience.
...it appears that Jogurt's level has increased to 1.
#9ShadowRisae(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2012 7:29:47 PM
I should've updated before now but nothing disappeared from that toolbox. Worked fine. I've got the Megaton house now though so should no longer be a problem.
---
#10nyte_blaydePosted 3/24/2012 8:36:41 PM
This is a different case, but NPC's who catch you while you pickpocket them will take back the item(s), even if you drop or store it in, say, a footlocker nearby.
---
The Official Yuna of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim boards :D
Currently Playing: Saints Row: The Third, Final Fantasy VIII, Fallout 3