90% certain that Fallout 4 will be in Chicago.

#1XaltaPosted 4/12/2012 12:34:15 AM
I'm sure these posts have been done a thousand times, but I noticed a few things during my last files of both 3 and NV.

1. Chicago is set almost directly in between the Capital Wasteland and the Mojave. We know that the NCR and Caesar's Legion occupy regions in the Southwest, so Chicago would be neutral territory, and it's northward enough so that both factions could, potentially, be able to fight over it.

2. ED-E's message logs claim that it was constructed at Adams Airforce Base and then made its way to the Mojave. The logs mention that it stopped at an Enclave installation in Chicago for repairs. Considering that the Enclave has been the primary antagonist in 2/4 of the major Fallout game titles, and referenced in the other two, I'm guessing they'll be back in some way. Chicago presents a good opportunity.

3. In Fallout 3, Scribe Rothchild has a lot to say about the Brotherhood and the Outcasts. If you follow that conversation tree, Rothchild eventually mentions that there is a Brotherhood chapter in Chicago as well, but he also mentions that it has "gone rogue" and that it's a "long story". As another one of Fallout's primary factions, the Brotherhood is most definitely going to be present in Fallout 4. The storyline for the Chicago chapter has a lot of potential.

Sorry if these have been posted before. I wasn't sure if everyone noticed them or not.
#2Seven_KPosted 4/12/2012 7:29:10 AM
Illinois would be too small by itself, but I could see a game centered around the Midwest commonwealth.
#3Frasier_CranePosted 4/12/2012 8:57:55 AM
Could very easily be Boston as well.

But I bet it's either one of those.
---
Mo' buildings, mo' problems
#4Xalta(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 1:36:46 PM
Idk about Boston. The only thing there is the Institute, right?
#5yankeefan03Posted 4/13/2012 10:37:03 AM
Chicago would be great. I am hoping for NYC.
---
"I would like to hear a couple of the new tracks just to wet my appetite."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#6TheOinkanatorPosted 4/13/2012 11:59:27 AM
Chicago would be pretty interesting, but I would also prefer NY as well.

The only problem is that (IIRC), all of the East coast got wiped out when the bombs hit.
---
Viewer discretion advised
#7Seven_KPosted 4/13/2012 12:40:03 PM
Was the Capitol even mentioned prior to FO3? The only thing that should be keeping them from doing FO4: New York is the fear that they wouldn't be able to do the city justice.
#8chasingmaynardPosted 4/13/2012 12:58:45 PM

East Coast wiped out or not, the writers will make it happen where ever they want.  I vote New York as well.  Only been there once, but it's got enough well known landmarks that they would be able to use.

Wandering in the DC/Maryland area was awesome, because I live there.

#9howdyneighbor25Posted 4/13/2012 10:58:43 PM
I wanna visit the newly annexed Canada!

Hypothermia AND radiation? Yes please
---
Paladin of the Brotherhood of Toeh
#10WvethPosted 4/14/2012 3:56:16 PM
I'm glad that FO:NV only had the Brotherhood and the Enclave there tangentially. I hope FO4 continues this tradition by introducing new factions and how they might interact with some established ones.
---
Wveth!