Bethesda sends cease and desist letter to Fallout fansite

#1thelovebatPosted 4/16/2012 10:04:09 PM
http://www.nma-fallout.com/article.php?id=61380

This is just sad. Not gonna be good for their PR at all.

Why?
---
"Too bad you can't reload your game and try again." Cassidy- Fallout 2
#2mkavanagh43Posted 4/16/2012 10:16:57 PM

I felt the same shock as you when seeing this thread topic, and clicking the link, but after that I understand Bethesda's position.

That guy is taking copyrighted material, and making his own versions of it, and giving it away to people all over the world, in his own name. Charging or not, you can see their side. I'd assume posters like that would be reserved to the company who owns the rights to all of those images to be able to produce, and of course, make money off of. After all, Fallout is a business; a big one. And, as it says on falloutposters.com, the posters on his site are "reinterpretations" of Bethesda's already created artwork.

And as he said in the article, it's not necessarily Bethesda's wishes, but the evil, greedy underbelly of their corporation; the legal squad. The people who just crouch and wait for moments like this.

#315643Posted 4/19/2012 4:05:43 AM
^^^ Exactly. It's not as if Todd Howard decided personally to torpedo the whole site.
---
Always have something to look forward to. What I'm looking forward to: GTAV
#4ToadwarttPosted 4/19/2012 8:21:55 AM
Won't hurt the pr that badly, no one will miss the site really. Besides the guys an idiot for stealing copyrighted material without giving proper credit to who created the source material. Easily avoided mistake.
---
We are ATLAS!
Both consoles: 69 Mordecai, 69 Lilith & 69 Roland
#5ToadwarttPosted 4/19/2012 8:28:41 AM
Google lightsaber, the first like 20 results are Lucas's lawsuits on people infringing on the copyright. Star Wars fans haven't rebeled against it.
---
We are ATLAS!
Both consoles: 69 Mordecai, 69 Lilith & 69 Roland